• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hypothetical question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetical question

If you were looking to buy a villa overseas, perhaps as a BTL investment, holiday home or to "retire" in a warm climate, where would you look to find a suitable villa to buy?

See poll.
    In UK estate agents that have overseas property
    8.82%
    On the internet and try to buy direct from the owner
    32.35%
    At visiting estate agents in the country I was looking in
    35.29%
    in UK and local press (papers, magazines) etc
    2.94%
    Somewhere else (please specify)
    8.82%
    up AndyW bottom
    11.76%
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 24 January 2008, 14:50.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    See poll.
    Graham? Shirley nut.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

sometimes Dim, I read your posts and think that bloke is sharp and has his head screwed on,

other times, I think, jeeeez,

this is one of those times

Milan.

Comment

Hypothetical answer: Do your own fookin research.

Helpful answer: Good starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          sometimes Dim, I read your posts and think that bloke is sharp and has his head screwed on,

other times, I think, jeeeez,

this is one of those times

Milan.
          Just doing some free market research for Plan C.

Where does the average Brit look (not the location/country but how do they find the property they like) when buying overseas?
          Last edited by DimPrawn; 24 January 2008, 15:17.

Comment

you my friend have been talking about Cyprus villas for as long as I can remember

question for you is:

are you looking for an investment property, or a villa for you and the missus to escape to a few times a year to get away from gloomy Swindon ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Just doing some free market research for Plan C.

Where does the average Brit look when buying overseas?
              Cape Verde for me - boom town shortly but keep it under yer hat!
              Blood in your poo

Comment

you my friend have been talking about Cyprus villas for as long as I can remember

question for you is:

are you looking for an investment property, or a villa for you and the missus to escape to a few times a year to get away from gloomy Swindon ?

Milan.

No, I am thinking of flogging the villa I already own and have done for many years, making a very good profit and keeping the cash ready for another cunning plan.

Question is, where best to sell it (through).

Cyprus estate agents charge 5%. Greedy fookers.

Comment

aha

so now the truth comes out you want the dipsticks here to tell you (were they ever to find themselves in such a position) where they would look for property and then you want to advertise yours there ?

Milan.

Comment

aha

so now the truth comes out you want the dipsticks here to tell you (were they ever to find themselves in such a position) where they would look for property and then you want to advertise yours there ?

Milan.

Discerning property tycoons looking for a great BTL investment opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                    X