• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your youth cult?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your youth cult?

I recently found a photo of myself taken shortly after leaving school which made the wife collapse into hysterics. I was at the prime of my 80s rocker stage all kitted out in Red/Black striped jeans, big Def-Leppard hair and leather jacket / denim waistcoat combo.

Bad as this is, I remember a mate of mine's wedding when the best man produced a picture of him about 13 years old in his full New Romantic get-up.

So which youth cult stereotype did you all go for to show your individuality, why and what elements are you still into? Obviously we've already touched on the goth / dungeons and dragons / DBA brigade in previous threads.

Wonder what ever happened to my studded wrist band?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I recently found a photo of myself taken shortly after leaving school which made the wife collapse into hysterics. I was at the prime of my 80s rocker stage all kitted out in Red/Black striped jeans, big Def-Leppard hair and leather jacket / denim waistcoat combo.

Bad as this is, I remember a mate of mine's wedding when the best man produced a picture of him about 13 years old in his full New Romantic get-up.

So which youth cult stereotype did you all go for to show your individuality, why and what elements are you still into? Obviously we've already touched on the goth / dungeons and dragons / DBA brigade in previous threads.

Pot head

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Raver

Aciiiiiiiiiiiid A A A A Aciiiiiiiiiiid
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Rudeboy... Black shirt, white tie, grey 'stay press' trousers which were 2 inches too short, white socks and shiny brogues with the obligatory steel heal tip.

I was a very cool 13 year old.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Did anyone wear Job Bloggs jeans with 25inch wide bottoms, I had a pair would where them with my hooded top and purple wallabees. hanging out at Aflex Palace in Manchester

mmmm Liz Hurley

Comment

http://www.afflecks-palace.co.uk/

It has it's own web site now which just feels wrong. Bought my first stash tin from there.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

None really. Just consistently scruffy git all my life.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Surfie
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

I was really into the 1950's scene - used to wear the clothes/listen to the music and take my '56 Vauxhall Velox on the Chelsea Cruise every month.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Too young for punk, too old for the late 80s bollocks.

No wonder no-one missed me when I withdrew to become a full-blown computer geek. I was born Mr Invisible. At least no-one can steal my identity, I haven't got one.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X