• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M6 closed for 24 hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M6 closed for 24 hours

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...302318,00.html

That's bound to screw up some northern contractors who usually commute home from London for the weekends. What a pisser.

Fortunately I'm 'working from home' this week.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...302318,00.html

That's bound to screw up some northern contractors who usually commute home from London for the weekends. What a pisser.

Fortunately I'm 'working from home' this week.
    If we cut off the M1 as well then we could become independent of all these Northern scroungers!
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      If we cut off the M1 as well then we could become independent of all these Northern scroungers!

independence for LOndon?

Comment

if you cut london off, how are the man utd fans going to get to the matches?

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
          Helicopter
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
            Move the matches to London perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

independence for LOndon?
              income tax to 10% in LOndon. 80% up north...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

independence for LOndon?
                Londoners might want to be sitting down for this, but...

The whole of the Midlands, Wales, East Anglia and South West England all the way down to Cornwall, are also below the point where the M6 is blocked and are therefore in your new "London" state. And that includes Birmingham.

Just thought I'd mention that.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

will us "northerners" have to pay extra for council tax for the Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    will us "northerners" have to pay extra for council tax for the Olympics
                    Olympics should be sold to France. They would do a better job.

Actually, I thing this country should *pay* the French to host the Olympics.

It would still be cheaper for us
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X