• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Girlie Weekend in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlie Weekend in London

Ok, you lot who are down that neck of the woods...

Having a weekend with the girls, we are staying at the Hilton Metropole (wherever that is ) - can anyone suggest a bar that stays open late where we can have a dance and is not too far from the Hotel?

Thanks
    Last edited by cailin maith; 24 January 2008, 19:15.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Having a weekend with the girls, we are staying at the Hilton Metropol(wherever that is ) - can anyone suggest a bar that stays open late where we can have a dance and is not too far from the Hotel?

Thanks
    Metropole

is http://www.hilton.co.uk/londonmet the one?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Metropole

is http://www.hilton.co.uk/londonmet the one?
      Yeah, thats it...
      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Yeah, thats it...
        I only know places sarf of the river - but you are all welcome to drop into my place!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I only know places sarf of the river - but you are all welcome to drop into my place!
          I am sure your g/f wouldnt be too happy with 10 of us turning up on yer door step...
          Bazza gets caught

Comment

That Hilton is on Edgware Rd - lots of arabic kebab shops and a flyover.

There is a club in that hotel - but probably full of hookers.

There is Praed St & Paddinton around the corner - some pubs and bars down there quite posh in places - but dull.

Up the road 2kms you have Kilburn pubs for the used to be Irish community up there - not great.

I would jump in a taxi 5 minutes to Westbourne Park and go to The Cow and the Westbourne have a few drinks, young crowd, and ask around there where nice club to is - try The Cobden Club in Notting Hill - that place can be a great laugh - it was an old boxing club at one time.

Comment

Strawberry Moons is very girlie, but it's near Piccadilly Circus so not in stiletto-stumbling distance for you.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                Strawberry Moons is very girlie, but it's near Piccadilly Circus so not in stiletto-stumbling distance for you.
                Oops I should have made that clear, it has to be within stumbling distance or at least easy to get a cab
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Having a weekend with the girls, we are staying at the Hilton Metropole (wherever that is ) - can anyone suggest a bar that stays open late where we can have a dance and is not too far from the Hotel?

Thanks
                  It's here.

I sometimes wonder why we bother building this web thing for you lot - you never seem to use it to find anything out

You're actually not terribly far from the West End there, which has one or two clubs, such as this one, and probably some nice ones too. A couple of cabs back from the West End to there, split between the ten of you, wouldn't cost a lot.

As to actual recommendations, I don't know - I'm a pub man myself, and can't abide clubs or dancing. But anywhere around Covent Garden, Soho, Piccadilly or Oxford Circus is within easy reach.

I shall ask some of the younger and trendier media types I work with, and PM you some ideas over the weekend, if you remind me

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It's here.

I sometimes wonder why we bother building this web thing for you lot - you never seem to use it to find anything out

You're actually not terribly far from the West End there, which has one or two clubs, such as this one, and probably some nice ones too. A couple of cabs back from the West End to there, split between the ten of you, wouldn't cost a lot.

As to actual recommendations, I don't know - I'm a pub man myself, and can't abide clubs or dancing. But anywhere around Covent Garden, Soho, Piccadilly or Oxford Circus is within easy reach.

I shall ask some of the younger and trendier media types I work with, and PM you some ideas over the weekend, if you remind me
                    You're the best but we are not going to that place... even though lipstick girl would probably love it...

Yeah, where we met for the CUK do was grand wasn't it... not too loud or anything... that I remember anyway
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                    X