• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract dilema help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract dilema help

Got two definte offers, one of which I prefer.

Issue is I had another interview on wed, for another role - more money, better role I think - client is interested but no def offer as yet. The definite offer is pushing for an answer today.

Also the definite offer has a guy I used to work with, who's gave me the personal recommendation - so don't want to jerk him around by accepting then pulling out.

Ideas or advice?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

snaw is Wilmslow and I claim my £5.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Difficult one that probably only you can answer. Going on the info you posted I would go for the one where your mate recommended you. Sounds like a contact worth keeping and it may pay dividends in the future. Bird in the hand and all that I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Issue is I had another interview on wed, for another role - more money, better role I think - client is interested but no def offer as yet. The definite offer is pushing for an answer today.

Also the definite offer has a guy I used to work with, who's gave me the personal recommendation - so don't want to jerk him around by accepting then pulling out.

Ideas or advice?
        Just take the gig and stop messing about. A bird in the hand etc etc

Comment

Just back form skiing?

Broken leg or ligament damage could mean your unavailable for 6-8 weeks.

Take second offer.

Only problem being backtracking is not really an option if 2nd job falls through.

Comment

Pester the agent on the preferred role to see if they can push them - if they can't take the first one.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Ideas or advice?
              Personally, I would chase the one you really want for an answer by noon, aas in, emailed offer and not just an agents nod on the phone.

If they cannot get back to you, take the one your mate suggested.

To be honest, going for a reccomended one will probably be better longer term.

Rate too low? then just ask for an increase if that will swing it.

Comment

Or phone the agent up and tell him you really want this one as it would be good to work with your mate again but the other one is paying more and is hard to turn down because of the increase in rate and that you aren't sure what to do.

May get you a small hike in rate

Comment

Working...
                X