• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ?

BBC plans social networking site for children

Milan.

"The BBC insists that the site is designed to encourage discussion of the Corporation’s shows and will help raise awareness among youngsters about the risks of using the internet"

What a load of bolloox.

Comment

Waste of bl**** money.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Business lesson for Milan

Reason 1.

Reason 2,

Reason 3.
        Last edited by Clippy; 25 January 2008, 12:56.

Comment

why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            The BBC is funded by the tax payer. Disney et al are commercial channels.

If ITV decided to set up a social networking site for brats I would be fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If ITV decided to set up a social networking site for brats I would be fine with it.
              Don't ITV own FriendsReunited nowadays? That site has certainly benefitted from their take over.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The BBC has a commercial arm and if they want to get an extra income stream from this then why not? Especially if it keeps the license fee down.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Like any business, they have to generate revenue, particularly as the license fee falls well short of their needs. If they didn't, the license fee would go up.

They are leveraging their assets which is a smart move.

As for ITV & Friends Reunited, classic case of not developing your assets and being overtaken by newer rivals - Facebook, MySpace, Bebo.

But ITV is in a mess at the moment, so not surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    The BBC has a commercial arm and if they want to get an extra income stream from this then why not? Especially if it keeps the license fee down.
                    But it won't keep the license fee down.

Comment

Working...
                    X