• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to America...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to America...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7206570.stm

and by the way, you're welcome to it.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You see why us Canadians have a love have relationship with them.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Watched the story this morning on GMTV...they really did try to make something out of nothing from this havent they?

Mailman

Comment

I would hazard that Mom is going to end up being extradited to America under the 'terrorism' legislation.

threaded in "have a nice day" mode
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Americans are soooo unwelcoming - why would anyone want to visit?

Apart from disneyworld of course.

Comment

They're from devon, they probably needed the shower.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Back in my misspent youth many moons ago a mate and I drove a Camarro from the East to the West Coast (we loved it so much we did it again 2 years later). I found the Yanks to be amazingly open, hospitable and friendly.
                Sad to see how things have changed
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Back in my misspent youth many moons ago a mate and I drove a Camarro from the East to the West Coast (we loved it so much we did it again 2 years later). I found the Yanks to be amazingly open, hospitable and friendly.
                  Ah, I think I remember seeing your home movie, Canonball Run

You the fella with the moustache or the fella dressed as a priest?

Go Bandit, Go.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    The people you met are the ordinary, everyday people that you meet the world over and are generally (though not always) friendly and polite.

The people in this news report are those "with authority" and tend to behave as though everyone is scum as a matter of course. It's depressing.
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
                    X