• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speeding in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding in the UK

Are you guaranteed a fine if you did a 120 mph drive on the highway ? Man , I start to feel sympathy for all Porsche , etc drivers sitting there in the cokkpit and swearing at each speed sign - 30 - 40 - 30 -40 .... At least they can enjoy the acceleration ...

Over 100 mph is a ban.

It is never safe to have huge variations of speed on different lanes - 120 mph vs 60 mph in lorries is a huge delta that is very deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Over 100 mph is a ban.

It is never safe to have huge variations of speed on different lanes - 120 mph vs 60 mph in lorries is a huge delta that is very deadly.
      So what is the point of having Porshe then ? Just showing off ?

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
        So what is the point of having Porshe then ? Just showing off ?
        Chicks love it.

HTH

Comment

Over 100 mph is a ban.
          Unless you are a copper who is "testing " the new car on public roads...FFS
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

According to a traffic officer I know, 100 is not an automatic ban, but you have to be damn good at explaining why you were doing it and why you need your licence to escape one.....

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
              100 is not an automatic ban
              Not if you are a copper...

Though I have to say I was pleased to read that coppers stopped unmarked car of Straw when he was Home Officer minister and his driver almost got banned.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
                According to a traffic officer I know, 100 is not an automatic ban, but you have to be damn good at explaining why you were doing it and why you need your licence to escape one.....
                What happens if I tell them: "I got this new car and wanted to see what it can do. Will never happen again. I promise."

My question is more like: Do they ALWAYS catch when you speed . Any chance they won't bother with every speeder ..

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                  What happens if I tell them: "I got this new car and wanted to see what it can do. Will never happen again. I promise."
                  Look buddy, the cops heard it all: all excuses you can possibly think of, including made up stuff designed to make them laugh to let you off - if get caught speeding past 100 mph you are screwed. You should not be doing this anyway - if you are suicidal then go find a way to kill yourself without endangering lifes of other people.

Comment

Look buddy, the cops heard it all: all excuses you can possibly think of, including made up stuff designed to make them laugh to let you off - if get caught speeding past 100 mph you are screwed. You should not be doing this anyway - if you are suicidal then go find a way to kill yourself without endangering lifes of other people.

Comment

Working...
                    X