• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those Bloody Cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Bloody Cats

Anyone know a way of getting and keeping cats out of your garden. We keep getting one come in do it's business and then leave.

I already have the following on my possible list
    Gun
    Bear trap
    Outside kennel for our dog
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    Anyone know a way of getting and keeping cats out of your garden. We keep getting one come in do it's business and then leave.

Gun
    Bear trap
    Just ignore them, it is good for the soil...
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Gun
      Bear trap
      Apparently you can buy a thingy to stick in your lawn that emits a high pitched sound that humans can't hear but cats really really don't like. Just stick it in your garden and it should scare the cats away. Permie at my old gig swore blind by it, he used to come in every morning moaning about having to clear cat tulip out of his garden until he got this thingy.

Comment

Lion tulip apparently they don't like the smell of it so they won't go in your garden.

On the down side, your garden will stink of lion tulip

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
          Apparently you can buy a thingy to stick in your lawn that emits a high pitched sound that humans can't hear but cats really really don't like. Just stick it in your garden and it should scare the cats away. Permie at my old gig swore blind by it, he used to come in every morning moaning about having to clear cat tulip out of his garden until he got this thingy.

will this not also send the dog crazy ?
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Leave the dog free in the garden, it should sort out the problem unless it's a real wimp. When I was a kid I had a monster black lab/alsation cross, most amiable dog in town except when it came to cats, it mauled a couple of cats I know about, plus I think countless other victims I don't know about. It came home one night with it's nose hanging off and after that it treaded a little more carefully when cat hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              Lion tulip apparently they don't like the smell of it so they won't go in your garden.

On the down side, your garden will stink of lion tulip
              And lion tulip is difficult to come by...unless you own a pack of lions of course...
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Anti-freeze left in a dish is I hear a good way of getting rid of the pests
                Last edited by Troll; 28 January 2008, 12:13.
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

will this not also send the dog crazy ?
                  No idea, I would guess that dogs and cats have sufficiently different ranges for it to affect just cats and not dogs. Mind you if it makes dogs run as well you are killing two birds with one stone, not dog or cat poo in your garden

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    Leave the dog free in the garden, it should sort out the problem unless it's a real wimp. When I was a kid I had a monster black lab/alsation cross, most amiable dog in town except when it came to cats, it mauled a couple of cats I know about, plus I think countless other victims I don't know about. It came home one night with it's nose hanging off and after that it treaded a little more carefully when cat hunting.
                    cats are so variable. our cats now are very timid - will only take on anything smaller(like squirrels).

my mother had a psycho cat that hated everything. came home evey week with a new injury. was banned from the local vet. once swiped a Rotweilers nose before running off - would not have believed if I had not seen it.

And it died of old age...

Comment

Working...
                    X