• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Independent financial advisors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independent financial advisors?

Hi -
    Can anyone recommend a good independent financial advisor? I am looking for someone who can advise on pensions.

(If you have someone you think is good, please can you give reasons why.)

Thanks.

AtW Associates are experts on macroeconomics.
    DimPrawn & Sons. are a well respected property consultancy.

Having such gifted minds behind me has enabled me to retire at the grand old age of 17.

Now I spend many a happy idle hour playing golf in Monaco with such luminaries as Threaded & Churchill.
    Last edited by NoddY; 28 January 2008, 23:07.

Comment

Kate,

obviously do your own reseach etc

I wouldn't trust any IFA, and rather lose my money myself than they lose it for me.

Who was it here who was asking how to invest in hedge funds about 12 months ago ? I was reading yesterday the hedge funds are having a bad time and not letting people get their money out.... nice.

Milan.

Comment

never met an IFA who didn't put his interests first.

Comment

Please read.

http://www.moneyweek.com/file/31682/...only-ifas.html

Comment

Kate, as you may have gleaned so far, there really is no such thing as an "independent" financial adviser or, if there is, they are incredibly hard to find and vet. The very best you can hope for is, "I advise you to take out this pension [because that is the one where they are giving me the largest kickback and coincidentally it isn't that bad for you]".

You would be well advised to research SIPPs, where you choose the investment yourself and it's all under your control.

Comment

Originally posted by kate_nz View Post
              Can anyone recommend a good independent financial advisor?
              Yes I could, for a small fee or commission

Comment

The sesame network are good people.

I especially reccomend one in Wilmslow, done a lot of good family things - send me a PM if you are wanting his details.

Comment

Jesus, another one. Do your own research - start at www.fool.co.uk.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    The sesame network are good people.
                    Ask for Big Bird - he heads up the outfit

Comment

Working...
                    X