• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working at McDonalds for a week..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working at McDonalds for a week..

I’ve been entertaining myself with the idea to work for a week at McDonalds. I reckon this will be the best working week in my career – it will only require about 0.1% of the concentration you need to put in software. It can be as good as vacation

Plus it will be fun – you staying there with all the grads, making sandwitches – people coming in and telling their children “ Now this is why you have to study , sweety , so that you don’t have do what this gentleman has been forced to do” … you , noticing that , slip in – Don’t worry hun , I make three times what you are making – that BMW outside is mine actually. And then the mother nodding negatively to her child – "see .. he has lost his mind …

Quiet. Your cheap Audi should impress those young girls (aka jail baits) at McD too.

Comment

You think working at McDonalds is easy. Never been near one have you?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Quiet. Your cheap Audi should impress those young girls (aka jail baits) at McD too.
        I think you are most impressed of all. Can't seem to stop talking about it..

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
          I’ve been entertaining myself with the idea to work for a week at McDonalds. I reckon this will be the best working week in my career – it will only require about 0.1% of the concentration you need to put in software. It can be as good as vacation

Plus it will be fun – you staying there with all the grads, making sandwitches – people coming in and telling their children “ Now this is why you have to study , sweety , so that you don’t have do what this gentleman has been forced to do” … you , noticing that , slip in – Don’t worry hun , I make three times what you are making – that BMW outside is mine actually. And then the mother nodding negatively to her child – "see .. he has lost his mind …
          Mines' a king size burger with cheese, easy on the onion, but generous with the tomato and lettuce. Plus a large fries and Sprite please.

I bet it's quite hard work requiring quite a bit of concentration dealing with multiple orders at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            You think working at McDonalds is easy. Never been near one have you?
            exactly what I was thinking. I remember my boss's boss saying how he wanted to swap places with the coffee bar chap. I put him straight. Just as well I am indespensible really...

Comment

Atw is worried you might impress Denny too much...

Comment

I like Audi A3. It is a nice small wee car. But it's nothing impressive or exclusive - basically nicer shaped Golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  Mines' a king size burger with cheese, easy on the onion, but generous with the tomato and lettuce. Plus a large fries and Sprite please.

I bet it's quite hard work requiring quite a bit of concentration dealing with multiple orders at once.
                  Now wait there Missy , say that again slowly so that I can write it down... ( an then enjoy her expression ) .. It will be awsome , I am definitely doing this someday..
                  Last edited by 2uk; 28 January 2008, 21:35.

Comment

2UK, think you would fail the hygiene test - you are too hairy.

Comment

Working...
                    X