• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying awake at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staying awake at work

Please give some ideas - I ve been so utterly bored recently – I can hardly keep myself awake in front of the monitor… Been lagged into permie’s tempo of work and feeling like the time has stopped…

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    Please give some ideas - I ve been so utterly bored recently – I can hardly keep myself awake in front of the monitor… Been lagged into permie’s tempo of work and feeling like the time has stopped…
    join tpd

Comment

read the joke thread.
      find a forum for the cuk holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        join tpd
        We work in a Hall , too many eyes around... they will start questioning why are they paying me... Can only post from my PDA , thats kinda slow..

Comment

We work in a Hall , too many eyes around... they will start questioning why are they paying me... Can only post from my PDA , thats kinda slow..
          print out pages from newspaper. from notepad. evryone else will think it is work...

Comment

• Get a new gig.
            • Tell Da Management you're bored and will leave unless they give you something hard and challenging to do.
            • Start an affair with a colleague.
            • See how much self abuse you can get away with in the loo before someone says something.
            • Write articles for the trade press for fame and glory.
            • Write articles for the "Take a Break" and "Chat" type magazines for money.
            • See if you can find another gig that you can fulfil on-line and do from your desk while charging CurrentClientCo.
            • Read The Register - it looks like research.
            • Install that text browser (Lynx, isn't it?) and read whatever you want online!
            • Search for "Things to do when bored" in Google and follow the links (some are utter genius).
            • Print off huge .PDFs at work to take home. Start with the PCG Guide to Freelancing as practice. (My record is 1200 pages in a day in an open plan office!)
            • Read a text copy of The Jargon File (hey, you're bored, you find it).
            • Research the Gutenburg Project and find some books to read.
            • See how many trashy paperbacks you can read in a week while sat on the loo.
            • Become the tea & coffee monitor. Enjoy the kitchen.
            • Become the stationery monitor. Enjoy the POWER.

Oh daffodils. I'm far too good at this.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              find a forum for the cuk holiday.
              If anyone is able to attend this online forum on thursday afternoon and inundate my useless train company with 'interesting' questions, I'd be ever so grateful.

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...?iCmsPageId=78

Rhubarb.

Comment

My Italian colleague said that Italians don't drink coffee in the morning, as it would wake them up for work.

Stop drinking coffee.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  My Italian colleague said that Italians don't drink coffee in the morning, as it would wake them up for work.

Stop drinking coffee.

Why don't civil servants look out of the window in the morning?

¦
                  ¦
                  V

¦
                  ¦
                  V

¦
                  ¦
                  V

¦
                  ¦
                  V

¦
                  ¦
                  V

¦
                  ¦
                  V

They'd have nothing to do in the afternoon!

Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Make friends with Wilmslow.... he whinges a lot too
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X