• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wealthy Whingers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wealthy Whingers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

They may have big houses, flash cars and exotic holidays, but the wealthy still aren't happy (file picture)
    They have the money, the jobs, the homes and the holidays. And yet, for the vast majority of wealthy families, there is a problem - they still don't feel well-off.

While millions of their fellow Britons may find it difficult to sympathise, the so-called working wealthy clearly believe they are having a tough time.

According to a survey published today, such households earn £88,000 a year, have more than £20,000 of annual disposable income, take two foreign holidays and live in a home worth £390,000. [DP- Peasants )

What more, you might ask, do they want?

The answer, it seems, is to earn around £60,000 more a year, own more than one property and send their children to a private school.

Then, the survey found, they would feel rich.

I hate people like that.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I hate people like that.
    Stay away from the Daily Mail, you'll feel less hate.

Comment

live in a home worth £390,000. [DP- Peasants )
      Did you ever buy that celebrity, mediterranean style mansion in Swindon you were looking at?

I haven't seen you on MTV cribs DP
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        Did you ever buy that celebrity, mediterranean style mansion in Swindon you were looking at?

I haven't seen you on MTV cribs DP
        No. I'm a strict follower of AtW's School of Economics, which tells me I should wait until it has lost 95% of it's value.

Comment

Don't have kids, then you'll feel rich!

Comment

It's all relative: if everyone had a mercedes, then the guy with the Rolls would be envied. Dunno if they'd feel rich though. Some people just like to moan. Steer clear of those sort of people, they have no joy in their lives and watch too many soaps.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Don't have kids, then you'll feel rich!
              You know it, I don't earn as much as some of the contractors I work with but I have masses of disposable income as most of theirs is paying for the wife and kids.
              Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

The answer, it seems, is to earn around £60,000 more a year, own more than one property and send their children to a private school.

Then, the survey found, they would feel rich.
                No, they think they would then feel rich. But they wouldn't. They'd find something else imperfect.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I ahve noticed that the Brits are very materialistic, almost as bad as the Yanks. I blame the chav culture of bling... it has a middle class version, just no one notices it.
                  This is a country full of brand obsessed credit card junkies. I have lost track the amount of times I have had 'discussions' with people at client sites about how much I spend on suits (very little).. A couple of contractors have even tried to make fun of my cheap suits... I just laugh and say.. well I got this job with a crappy suit.. and you have the same job, at the same place on less rate and you needed a £1200 suit... who is the idiot?
                  And yes.. I am fully expecting some more insecure numpties on this board to tell me how cheap suits are rubbish and how they dont by £1200 suits to look good, but becuase of how they feel... as long as they believe that.. no problem...

Fire away

Comment

What are you doing reading the Nazi paper, prawn?

Comment

Working...
                    X