• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How wealthy do you feel?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How wealthy do you feel?

Following on from whingers who need a pitiful £140'000 a year or so in order to feel rich.

For me, it's not having to save for anything - holidays, cars or whatever, that makes me feel moderately wealthy.
    Poverty stricken
    8.82%
    Struggling
    10.29%
    Managing day to day - have to be careful
    25.00%
    Don't have to worry too much
    14.71%
    Comfortable
    16.18%
    Moderately wealthy
    8.82%
    Wealthy
    5.88%
    Rich
    1.47%
    Very Rich
    4.41%
    AtW
    4.41%
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

the question is,

you might feel wealthy today, but if your contracting ends tomorrow will you still be wealthy next year and the year after and the year after etc ?

Milan.

Comment

Where's the "beyond the dreams of avarice" option?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I am divorced so poverty stricken.

where is the andyw option?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          the question is,

you might feel wealthy today, but if your contracting ends tomorrow will you still be wealthy next year and the year after and the year after etc ?

Milan.
          Exactly.

This is why I think I am in a good position - signed up for a 3 month renewal, meaning I can get more good money before going onto a cracking permie rate for the security aspect in 3 months time.

Buying a new car, £6K to upgrade from the new smaller car I bought 9 months ago.

Will be seeing my sister in Bermuda in the summer.

I can only do this as trading the money from contracting for the perceived security of permie, and in the glorious position of an extended contract at top rates before going permie on the best permie rate there is for my role.

Would be nice to continue contracting on current rate and clear mortage, but, I know this will not continue.

Comment

I can afford to live in Swindon and holiday to Devon every other year, so I'm feeling pretty smug on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              where is the andyw option?
              Quite right, BP.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Wilsmlow,

I have to say, after reading that,

you have, indeed, made it.

Congratulations and all the best.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Exactly.
                  This is why I think I am in a good position - signed up for a 3 month renewal, meaning I can get more good money before going onto a cracking permie rate for the security aspect in 3 months time.

Remember... Last in, First out!!!

There is no security in a permie job until you have worked there for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Exactly.

Buying a new car, £6K to upgrade from the new smaller car I bought 9 months ago.

Will be seeing my sister in Bermuda in the summer.

I can only do this as trading the money from contracting for the perceived security of permie, and in the glorious position of an extended contract at top rates before going permie on the best permie rate there is for my role.

Would be nice to continue contracting on current rate and clear mortage, but, I know this will not continue.
                    Wilmslow, please, do stop drivelling about your permie job.

I understand your need to try and convince yourself that you're making the right move going permie in an organisation you don't like with a management culture you don't like, people you don't like and a commute you don't want to do by pretending that it'll offer you more security but please, find a permie forum to do it in, it's getting rather dull.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X