• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Technojobs up there ^^^^

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technojobs up there ^^^^

Has anyone used this site?
    How did they come up with the pictures of those funny-looking people?

Some of the CUK regulars forgot to switch off their webcams?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      It is because they think all of you 'IT bods' are geeks.

HTH
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        Has anyone used this site?
        And how can they afford to sponsor the Porsche Carrera Cup 2007 but not afford someone to get their site to work in Firefox?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Hey BrownIssue. I am one of the developers on Technojobs, what problems are you having with firefox? Have tested on FF in XP, OS X, Ubuntu and all works fine for me. Let me know configuration and will check it out. Plus any specifics on what is broken for you would be really useful.

Comment

Originally posted by technojobs View Post
            Hey BrownIssue.
            BrowneIssue - I didn't used to worry until I realised it has a different meaning without the 'e'!

I am one of the developers on Technojobs, what problems are you having with firefox?
            First post here and straight through moderation already! Well done!

Have tested on FF in XP, OS X, Ubuntu and all works fine for me. Let me know configuration and will check it out. Plus any specifics on what is broken for you would be really useful.
            The home page had the 'featured recruiters' box right over the 'Find a job' box. That kind of random box placement occurred on every page. I just tried it and now it doesn't.

Checks desktop... Aha!

I shall email a screen dump of boxes over boxes to support @ technojobs.co.uk

Windows ME, Firefox 2.0.0.11
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Their search engine is broken, I listed my skills and searched with 'any key words' and found 30+ matches but when I save the search it reverts to 'all key words must match' and sticks '+' between all the words so subsequent searches don’t work.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                The home page had the 'featured recruiters' box right over the 'Find a job' box. That kind of random box placement occurred on every page. I just tried it and now it doesn't.
                technojobs - as BI said the body copy, 'find a job' and 'featured jobs' divs overlap the 'featured recruiters' div, with the background img behind those h1s repeating. Set the url to 'no-repeat' in div.normalboxtopblue h1 and similar, and consider floating those elements instead of using relative positioning within a fixed width, centred container.

The form fields overlap the 'find a job' div, restructure using mozilla hacks.

And a large amount of text on the site fails the visicheck colour contrast test.

FF 2.0.0.11, WinXP SP2

Comment

Sorry BrowneIssue, will wait until I get home before looking up BrownIssue

Nothing serious with the site then

Have seen the overlapping divs once or twice and keep meaning to fix.

Cheers fgor the fix suggestion realityhack, your cheque is in the post.

Never liked the colour myself but inherited the design and no time to fix yet as have a few major bits planned for the site. Fixing the internal searching and how the saved searches is on the list

Appreciate the feedback, really helpful. Will be getting a lot more contracts on there as well over the next few months so hope we can help you land the next placement.

Comment

My mistake, you are floating the elements, but something's breaking, not quite sure without a full review. Oh, and your markup's a mess, get rid of the tables and do the whole thing again using clean code with no formatting properties. You're using deprecated target attributes in your links, there are 3 errors, 406 warnings in your CSS, your pages don't validate as XHTML 1.0 strict, with 47 errors in the XHTML, and logically, the level 1 nav should be h1s, and list elements, not images.

Comment

Working...
                    X