• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

speed camera news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speed camera news

The variable speed limit cameras on the M25 between junctions 10 and 15 are currently analogue cameras all set to trigger at 93mph. From the 15th February they will be switched to digital and will trigger at 80mph. These are independent cameras giving 3 points and a £60 fine PER CAMERA, so if you trigger 4 you could get a hefty fine and lose your license in a single journey.

On good authority (Mr Chisholm)
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

As much as I agree with speed cameras, I've never agreed with the principle that being caught by 2 successive cameras means 2 fines.

Cumbria police implented something similar a few years ago to catch speeders who slow for one camera then speed up again (to be hopefully caught by the second camera). The chief of police there said that if anyone was caught by both cameras then they would get fined twice
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

On a tangent - while approaching the A3 turnoff at junction 10 this morning,traffic was queuing due to a lorry having a blow out and leaving a big chunk of tyre blocking the inside lane of the continuing M25.

My first thought was to jump out slap it on the bonnet and drive it to the hard shoulder therebye removing the obstruction and freeing the queue..
      In the end I thought better of it as it would problaly contravened some laws.

Bearing in mind all 5 lanes of the motorway were at a slow crawl what would the panel do in similar circumstances
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        The variable speed limit cameras on the M25 between junctions 10 and 15 are currently analogue cameras all set to trigger at 93mph. From the 15th February they will be switched to digital and will trigger at 80mph. These are independent cameras giving 3 points and a £60 fine PER CAMERA, so if you trigger 4 you could get a hefty fine and lose your license in a single journey.

On good authority (Mr Chisholm)
        Good post.

Have ypu written to Jeremy Clarkson at top gear? He said they are not switched on atall unless speed sign is lit. You could get yourself on the telly...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Good post.

Have ypu written to Jeremy Clarkson at top gear? He said they are not switched on atall unless speed sign is lit. You could get yourself on the telly...
          Not again

I have had enough of being featured on Watchdog
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Not again

was this you?
            Dodgy Agents Exposed
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

These are independent cameras giving 3 points and a £60 fine PER CAMERA, so if you trigger 4 you could get a hefty fine and lose your license in a single journey.
              They did that on the A40 in the 1990s - one of my colleagues lost his licence going home one night as he triggered all the speed cameras.

(or so he claimed - perhaps he was on 10 points anyway? but he did make a right fuss to everyone in work to warn them)
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I wonder if anyone's ever been so brazen enough to claim a different member of their family was driving at each recorded offence, or just admit to the ones where his mugshot is present, if any.

I think you could argue that as the vehicle must have been travelling at a roughly constant speed to trigger each camera at the times recorded, that infact it was the same offence recorded using a time-lapse method and the authorities are infact committing fraud by claiming otherwise. May even get some compo out of it.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  I wonder if anyone's ever been so brazen enough to claim a different member of their family was driving at each recorded offence, or just admit to the ones where his mugshot is present, if any.
                  Obsruction of justice is a criminal offence that goes on your criminal record - no limit on prison term too.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Comment

Not again

= Crimewatch

HTH
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X