• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benched

Based on recent posts, there seems to be a fair number on here who are on the bench - either voluntarily or in-voluntarily.

Without resorting to a poll because they are so last year, who is on the bench, how long have you been on there and what area do your skills lie in.

I have no skills whatsoever and seem to be avoiding it quite nicely.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I was going to get a bench last summer to put next to the garden swing. But the summer wasn't really there in 07 so I might get it later this year.

Comment

I custom built my bench for the garage out of 6x6 & 6x2 timber coach bolted together.
        Added a No3 Vice - all sorted
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Without resorting to a poll because they are so last year
          True, polls are so Passé

Am currently on bench (fairly long term - 3 months) but the initial bench attraction has worn thin and I'm resolutely determined to be off it in the next four weeks.

Skills PM, SQL, Legacy Migrations, VFP
          Kneel before Bod

Comment

I have not been on the bench since I was an employee and sitting on the bench on salary is not so bad
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I have a nice wooden bench in the garden that i was going to sell in a couple of months just to hit the summer buy boom.
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

As of Friday I will be involuntarily benched, I'm a support monkey with a 2 month old baby and my wife thinks she's having a year off.

Uber doomed.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  As of Friday I will be involuntarily benched, I'm a support monkey with a 2 month old baby and my wife thinks she's having a year off.

Uber doomed.
                  Your wife's Maternity Allowance will buy you a lot of that 26p a pint supermarket cider if things get really bad !

Comment

On the bench - voluntarily, Though I'm supposed to have about two weeks of work coming along soon...the DBA's a dragging their asses. Other than that I just search around looking for freelance work from home.

Nothing spotted yet.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X