• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Beach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beach

No contract for a little while. Several prospects coming up, that's not the problem. The problem is that I actually like not working.

Unfortunately I can't afford it.

Still, it's not as bad as it looks: for every £500 I lose in salary, I avoid paying £64.00 Ers NIC, £200.00 income tax, £5.00 Ees NIC, and an average £100.00 in travel and accommodation.

Hmm. Working just got less attractive. Any ideas, anyone?

Congratulations. You've just discovered the same feeling several million of the UK population have had for years, some since birth.

Only fools and horses work. I'm a fool too. Neigh you say?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      No contract for a little while. Several prospects coming up, that's not the problem. The problem is that I actually like not working.

Unfortunately I can't afford it.

Still, it's not as bad as it looks: for every £500 I lose in salary, I avoid paying £64.00 Ers NIC, £200.00 income tax, £5.00 Ees NIC, and an average £100.00 in travel and accommodation.

Hmm. Working just got less attractive. Any ideas, anyone?

You could always apply for a job as a research assistant to that Derek Conway bloke....or maybe not.
      Apparently his son was "all but invisible" whilst on the payroll. Never did Fatty Prescott any harm.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'm also on the beach (I wish, actually on the bench)... it's true I'm spending far less by staying at home and only walking to the local shops, gym etc. Treated myself with a £1 hot chocolate today. I usually make my own
        Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Working...
        X