• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuart Pearce......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuart Pearce......

Flame away

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/7218046.stm

Hmmm. Pearcey does have a no-compromise attitude. On the other hand not the brightest bloke.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I met psycho at an SLF gig a couple of years back. Nice bloke.
      Not sure what went wrong at City, was it him or the club.

I want to see him do well.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

[QUOTE=The Lone Gunman;440765]I met psycho at an SLF gig a couple of years back. Nice bloke.

I want to see him do well.[/QUOTE]

Slim chance of that with England. I think he's only been offered the position as he did such a good job of interpreting for Capello at a recent news conference. It was such a good job some people thought Capello had been dubbed with Pearce, but I saw through it.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          I met psycho at an SLF gig a couple of years back. Nice bloke.

I want to see him do well.
          me too

Sky Blue legend!

Comment

He's a pasionate, decent bloke who isn't afraid to stand up to critisism and doesn't use excuses. What's not to like?

His first real managers job was city, he did well for a while then it went pear shaped - doesn't mean he's a bad manager.

Good appointment I reckon.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Yeah good choice. He'll be the manager in waiting then. McClaren had better hair though.

Comment

Why has Capello employed him?

I remember a picture on the front page of the Sun before the Germany semi-final in 1996, screaming and wearing a Tommy's helmet.

That's enough qualification for me!

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
                  Why has Capello employed him?

I remember a picture on the front page of the Sun before the Germany semi-final in 1996, screaming and wearing a Tommy's helmet.

That's enough qualification for me!

Will always remember Psycho volunteering (and scoring) the penalty at some Euro/World cup game after he'd missed one at the last tournament. Awesome. Can't think of many who've donned the shirt since then that have truly had such passion for the national team.

Even if being an outstanding player doesn't necessarily make you a good manager, just having him in the dressing room must do something to get the players 'up for it'. Much like Lawrence Dallaglio did at the last Rugby World Cup.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Saw him when he brought Man City to St James Park last season.

He showed amazing passion for the game. He spent the whole game in "the technical area" and kicked every ball. In fact he was told to get off the pitch by the ref at one point when he ran on to get the ball for his players throw in.

Top bloke.
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                    X