• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nephew Question : What Footie Team

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nephew Question : What Footie Team

Had Mrs BGG's nephew over at the weekend (7 years old).

He asked, out of the blue, what football team should I support ?

I was a bit lost for advice to be honest.

I was trying to think of a team that everyone likes and is one of the best, but I can't think of one.

2 minutes later in World of Warcraft, the subject was thankfully forgotten.

Now he's got to wait until he is 12 before he can officially play it.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Apparently the cheeky geordies are everyone's fav second team. (but not mine).

Especially now they have the "messiah" back

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      Had Mrs BGG's nephew over at the weekend (7 years old).

He asked, out of the blue, what football team should I support ?

I was a bit lost for advice to be honest.

I was trying to think of a team that everyone likes and is one of the best, but I can't think of one.

2 minutes later in World of Warcraft, the subject was thankfully forgotten.

Now he's got to wait until he is 12 before he can officially play it.
      Tell him to be his own man and not to fall into the pathetic flock mentality of football. Who really gives a tulipe about a bunch of overpaid chavs who despite dropping out of school were lucky enough to earn a fair bit of cash for playing games.

Of course this may get him beaten up/ignored at school... Tell him to pick the team the cool kids like!

Comment

Tell him to pick his local lower division side. This way he can actually go to see a game if he wants and keeps his credibility without selling out.

Comment

Nudge him towards Barnstoneworth United or Fulchester United. If he's asking you then I think he may be more of the board game geek type anyway, which I'm not saying is a bad thing.

Comment

Shirley it depends on where he lives? He'll learn a lot more about life supporting a carp team, watching Man Ure every week will turn him into a spoiled brat.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Crystal Palace! But only because I live there.. and dont really give a toss about poofball.

Comment

Suggest he follows Rugby instead of the chav infested footie team... or better still he goes down to the local Rugby club and plays...
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Get him interested in his local team. Tell him it is incumbent on all fans to follow the fortunes and attend his local team even if his real support is for another.

Then go all Zen and tell him that one does not pick the team one supports, it picks you.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I would suggest the mighty reds.

No, not them, the mighty reds of Barnsley. It's just like watching Brazil.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X