• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment Online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment Online

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7219718.stm

Is it me, or do the words "Piss-up", "Brewery" and "Couldn't Organise" apply to this government?

let's face it though: anyone that left it this late is a muppet.

Hope HMRC sues its IT provider though

Comment

Geez. I did mine in June.

Really. Is it *that* hard to get with the program and get organised.

Comment

Mine went through no probs earlier in the week, seems one of the better gov websites. The DVLA one is a complete non starter, I've never got past the logon page yet.

Comment

Nah given up. Mines too bloody complicated anyway.

My account rushed off yesterday as is father died suddenly, so I suppose I'll have to wait until he's back, do it next week and take the fine. I'll just pass it on to him

....(joking)
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The cynic in me says HMRC have done it on purpose to rake in the £100 fines. Got to be worth a few million to them.

The psychic in me foresaw this cock-up and sent the paper version in a couple of days ago. It was so hard working out I owed them nothing, again.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I have been brainwashed

The first thing I thought when I read the thtead title was "tax doesnt have to be taxing"

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Geez. I did mine in June.

Really. Is it *that* hard to get with the program and get organised.
                Completed mine online circa June, I owed them something from past years, paid up and got a "you are up-to-date / don't owe anything" confirmation (albeit some months later). No problem at all.
                If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Paper version vetted and sent in by the accountants a couple of weeks ago, payed via bank transfer last week. Sorted.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I did mine back in October, though I paid the outstanding amount a couple of days ago. Must admit, the thought does play on your mind that someone in the tax office basically places a whole bunch of returns in front of him or her and then says the magic words...

Eenie meanie minee moe

Either that, or they flip a coin to decide whether to investigate!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X