• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom and gloom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom and gloom

general doom and gloom

Thought I'd just add to the general doomy news.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    general doom and gloom

Thought I'd just add to the general doomy news.
    Down 0.1%

Comment

Houses may not be selling though? I have a feeling that the only option is to sit tight with property now, since it probably won’t sell, and it's perhaps not worth the punt considering the cost of a Home Information pack? How long do the packs last BTW, before you have to buy another one?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Houses may not be selling though? I have a feeling that the only option is to sit tight with property now, since it probably won’t sell, and it's perhaps not worth the punt considering the cost of a Home Information pack? How long do the packs last BTW, before you have to buy another one?
        Don't know but in London most agencies will bear the cost if you take them on as sole agency
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Good point TW

Estate agent friend of mine said that house sales are down partly because of the HIP and its associated cost. Apparently, Gov't said to them that if sales start heading south, they'll abolish them, similar U-turn as Darling's on CGT. Cameron said he'll abolish them, so it's a matter of who'll do it first. Sit tight is the best option atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
            Estate agent friend of mine said that house sales are down partly because of the HIP and its associated cost. Apparently, Gov't said to them that if sales start heading south, they'll abolish them, similar U-turn as Darling's on CGT. Cameron said he'll abolish them, so it's a matter of who'll do it first. Sit tight is the best option atm.
            Not so good though for all those chaps who retrained at expense as HIP inspectors (is that the correct name for those people?)
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Wasted

Can't say I feel sorry for them - if that were the case, they should have done it free for them or pay over a period. They are losing money anyway, so no one has benefited from that, apart from the trainers. Decent thing is to pay them back their costs, otherwise they'll lose X 000 votes, drop in the ocean you may say.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Down 0.1%
                Don't worry, they'll go up 20% next year and for the next 300 years. Hurry up, buy until it lasts!!!!
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  buy until it lasts!!!!
                  I am keen. Just expand on this concept please for the uninitiated

Buy while it lasts??

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    I am keen. Just expand on this concept please for the uninitiated

Buy while it lasts??
                    You are all right, it will last forever so nothing to worry about.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X