• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody couriers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody couriers

So I bought something from Ebuyer yesterday. I rearranged things so I could be at home today to wait for CityLink, and I haven't left the house all day.

I've just got an email: "There has been an attempt to deliver your order on 31/01/08 @ 12:25" - no there wasn't I was here, "Door Description: WHITE Carded Time: 12:25 LOG: 5164038 (HSC 45020) 12:32" - the door is brown and there's no card.

Worst of all I'm now expected to go to the depot to collect it (assuming I can without a card), and that's in Kiddiminster - 60 miles away FFS.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

I know it's considered old fashioned these days, but couldn't you have bought the same item from a physical person in a physical shop closer to home ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      So I bought something from Ebuyer yesterday. I rearranged things so I could be at home today to wait for CityLink, and I haven't left the house all day.

I've just got an email: "There has been an attempt to deliver your order on 31/01/08 @ 12:25" - no there wasn't I was here, "Door Description: WHITE Carded Time: 12:25 LOG: 5164038 (HSC 45020) 12:32" - the door is brown and there's no card.

Worst of all I'm now expected to go to the depot to collect it (assuming I can without a card), and that's in Kiddiminster - 60 miles away FFS.

CityLink are rubbish, but from what I understand they are cheap which kind of explains it!

Comment

Just got a card through the door telling me CityLink have an unexpected parcel for me at their Kidderminster depot!

Can't wait to get over there and find out what it is

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          I know it's considered old fashioned these days, but couldn't you have bought the same item from a physical person in a physical shop closer to home ?
          Actually I had a look in Maplins and Currys yesterday, and they didn't quite have what I wanted so went with ebuyer instead.

Comment

Maplins
            Never have what I am looking for and when they do it's always way more than online/curry's etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Never have what I am looking for and when they do it's always way more than online/curry's etc etc
              Yeah they're not great. But I would pay the extra for the convenience of having it there and then.

No much gets to me, but I am feeling quite angry about this. I think it's the suggestion that it's my fault for not being in. I'd complain to somebody, but I doubt it'll make much difference.

Comment

Only like 30 mins at your speed of driving

Comment

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the delivery driver couldn't be arsed to turn up but is claiming that he actually did. It's happened to me (thank you British Gas, you chiselling barstewards), so I suggest you make a fuss about it.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Yeah they're not great. But I would pay the extra for the convenience of having it there and then.

No much gets to me, but I am feeling quite angry about this. I think it's the suggestion that it's my fault for not being in. I'd complain to somebody, but I doubt it'll make much difference.
                    Get it sent to your work address??

Comment

Working...
                    X