• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acid rain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acid rain

Anyone else feel sorry for poor old acid rain ?
    He used to be big, the biggest in fact. Then we had nuclear winter, aids, footanmouth, el nino, super bugs and now global warming and a credit crunch.

Well I miss him, he was good in his own little sulphuric way and these newer younger brash catastrophes just dont have the style of the old days.
    pah

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Anyone else feel sorry for poor old acid rain ?
    He used to be big, the biggest in fact. Then we had nuclear winter, aids, footanmouth, el nino, super bugs and now global warming and a credit crunch.

Well I miss him, he was good in his own little sulphuric way and these newer younger brash catastrophes just dont have the style of the old days.
    pah

I miss "pollution", this was such a big thing in the 70's. If the predictions then had even partially come to pass, we'd all be up to our armpits in toxic waste by now.....
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
      I miss "pollution", this was such a big thing in the 70's. If the predictions then had even partially come to pass, we'd all be up to our armpits in toxic waste by now.....
      Yes, if the freons were not banned we would not have an ozon layer holes - there would be no ozon layer to speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
        It's called "carbon di-oxide" now.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I feel robbed that the ice age we were entering 20 yrs ago has now been changed to global warming.

I spent loads on wooly jumpers.

Comment

Acccciiiiiiiiddd Acccciiidddddd ( * ) ( * )

Comment

What ever happened to saving the whales?
              Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                What ever happened to saving the whales?
                Well you can't put a tax on that so it got shelved

Or did you mean wales?
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

The looming catastrophe we were stupidest to forgot about was overpopulation, the parent and cause of all of the above catastrophes.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    The looming catastrophe we were stupidest to forgot about was overpopulation, the parent and cause of all of the above catastrophes.
                    Yep. Even if you buy global warming hook, line and sinker, you have to admit it's a bit stupid asking each person to reduce their so called carbon emissions if the number of people is allowed to grow unchecked. On that basis, China has done more for global warming than any other nation.

Time for the pregnancy tax.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X