• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gulp - Weather moan!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gulp - Weather moan!

Signs on the M62 today advising of extreme weather for Friday.

Really dreading tomorrow's commute - windy as heck today, also loads of snow up there as it is, but, thankfully not sticking on the motorway. Very twitchy as still have my light weight non ESP Fiesta for another couple of weeks!

Dreading to see what the motorway will be like if this forecasted snowfall does appear.

Really thinking of leaving at 5:30, get my hours in by 2 then leave.

Not good out there, be safe all....

Call in sick then, that's what permies do, right?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Call in sick then, that's what permies do, right?
      Got a contract renewal

If chips are down in 3 months at renewal will go to the dark side though.... They told me last renewal making me go perm or move on.

Hence NEED to get in tomorrow or I loose the money!

Days Inn on the M62 only £29 tonight, may just pack my bags and drive over now, get there for 11pm then sleep until 7. Tempting!

Comment

If I was in this position I'd go for the hotel option - all the permies would probably be late, but you will show that you are made of different stuff, even though you ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          If I was in this position I'd go for the hotel option - all the permies would probably be late, but you will show that you are made of different stuff, even though you ain't.
          Just been out to put my case in the car, was going to drive over tonight.

Boot nearly got ripped off, gusty as anything. Journey abandoned.

Plan B - going to get up at 5am, then make a leisurely journey over, could always retreat if weather too grim and not get stuffed in the return traffic that way.

It was snowy as anything today up there, dreading tomorrow....

Comment

You are pretty pathetic Wilmo, but I like that it's you who takes the heat from CUK loons

Comment

He doesn't half exaggerate. Just been out the back door for a smoke and the wind's a bit chilly but that's about it.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                He doesn't half exaggerate. Just been out the back door for a smoke and the wind's a bit chilly but that's about it.
                Have you seen the Riverdance ship news just off the coast at Liverpool just 40 miles from where I live??

Comment

No, but I've seen the weather outside my back door probably less than 1 mile from where you live.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Hmm, should I re-examine my desire to go out and get a kebab?

Comment

Working...
                    X