• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beatles in deep space

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beatles in deep space

Just seen this on The Reg
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02..._the_universe/

Where they say NASA are going to "beam" the song Across the Universe into space to celebrate it's 40th anniversary

Am I wrong - or aren't all radio signals broadcast all the time into deep space!

So what's the point?

Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
    Just seen this on The Reg
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02..._the_universe/

Where they say NASA are going to "beam" the song Across the Universe into space to celebrate it's 40th anniversary

Am I wrong - or aren't all radio signals broadcast all the time into deep space!

So what's the point?
    It's been done before.

Doctor Who meets the Beatles, 1965.

In the TARDIS, the four travellers are huddling around the Time-Space Visualiser, a television-like souvenir from their recent adventure at the Space Museum, which can pick up on any event in the whole of time and space. They each choose an event to witness: Ian picks Abraham Lincoln giving his Gettysburg Address; Barbara elects to look into Elizabeth I's court, and sees the genesis of two Shakespeare plays (The Merry Wives of Windsor and Hamlet); and Vicki sees the Beatles performing "Ticket to Ride", but is surprised that they should play "classical music"!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
      Vicki sees the Beatles performing "Ticket to Ride", but is surprised that they should play "classical music"!

Futurama nicked this joke. Fry is depressed and sat in his room listening to Sir Mix-a-Lot's 'Baby Got Back'. Leela comes in and says 'You can't sit around in the dark listening to classical music!"
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
      X