• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is a scanned signature legally valid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a scanned signature legally valid?

If you scan your own signature then include that in a letter or document in place of a hand-written signature, does anyone know if the document is just as legally valid/signed as it would be with a hand-written sig?

I have a non-disclosure / confidentially agreement that I send to customers and I'd like to add an image of my signature so I can email a PDF instead of having to hand-sign and use royal mail.

Thanks in advance. Links would be great.

Anyone?

Comment

IANAL but I believe that a faxed signed document is seen as legally binding so I don't see why a scanned signature would be a problem.

This might help: http://www.bjhcim.co.uk/features/2006/603002.htm

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        Great link, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I have a non-disclosure / confidentially agreement that I send to customers and I'd like to add an image of my signature so I can email a PDF instead of having to hand-sign and use royal mail.
          Send them unsigned (from your and their sides) PDF and ask them to sign it and royal mail to you, after which you will sign it yourself.

Comment

Banks and trading houses tend to put scanned signatures on faxed deal confirmations, so there must be something in it. All that matters is you give an unambiguous signal that you agree to the terms of whatever contract it is.

Comment

Working...
            X