• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you lot stop depressing me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you lot stop depressing me

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle3292146.ece

Return of megadeals defies the credit crunch

Credit crunch? What credit crunch? For the first time in months, investment bankers had smiles back on their faces yesterday. The sniff of the megadeal was back in the air and, for a day at least, they could forget the misery of the credit crunch and bask in the limelight once more.

=====================================

I always said that is is just a pre-shock - not need for any doomed or oh dear bollox.

Please save your gloom for about 2-3 years time when interest rates hit zero and still no upturn in demand - it will be a re-run of the great depression. Though that is not the underlying reason - the is the huge gulf between rich and poor.

Now get back to work and make the most of the good times!

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The sniff of the megadeal was back in the air and, for a day at least, they could forget the misery of the credit crunch and bask in the limelight once more.
    Maybe bankers should start doing their job and invest into companies that will ensure the West is ahead of other countries techologically. Naturally this is harder than speculate or actually manipulate market.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Maybe bankers should start doing their job and invest into companies that will ensure the West is ahead of other countries techologically. Naturally this is harder than speculate or actually manipulate market.
      They should. but they won't. cos they are 2@s

Comment

It is not the gulf beween rich and poor that is problem, just too many horrible poor people period.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          It is not the gulf beween rich and poor that is problem, just too many horrible poor people period.
          Society needs alot of "poor" people. To empty the bins, serve in shops.

Alas in USA they also have an underclass who aspire to be poor.

Comment

Depressed? I cheer up reading doom and gloom news if it relates to yet another cock up by HMG, and another lot of voters irretrievably pissed right off.

For example, how about the child trafficking scandal reported in the Mail a day or two ago? About five years back, to boost adoption rates, the Government introduced a financial incentive for councils to increase the numbers of children adopted, and now, guess what, entirely predictably (to everyone except Tony Blair, who pushed it through) council social workers are literally hanging around in hospitals waiting like vultures to pounce on unsuspecting mothers-to-be and steal their newborns out of their arms to hand them over for adoption.

Apparently this monstrous practice is all endorsed (generally) by so-called family courts sitting in secret, with no juries but a judge and two assistants in a huddle deciding each case "on the balance of probability". So much for "inoccent until proven guilty", and a foretaste of what would invitably happen in all cases if juries were abolished, which the Government would dearly love to do.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Depressed? I cheer up reading doom and gloom news if it relates to yet another noddy up by HMG, and another lot of voters irretrievably pissed right off.

For example, how about the child trafficking scandal reported in the Mail a day or two ago? About five years back, to boost adoption rates, the Government introduced a financial incentive for councils to increase the numbers of children adopted, and now, guess what, entirely predictably (to everyone except Tony Blair, who pushed it through) council social workers are literally hanging around in hospitals waiting like vultures to pounce on unsuspecting mothers-to-be and steal their newborns out of their arms to hand them over for adoption.

Apparently this monstrous practice is all endorsed (generally) by so-called family courts sitting in secret, with no juries but a judge and two assistants in a huddle deciding each case "on the balance of probability". So much for "inoccent until proven guilty", and a foretaste of what would invitably happen in all cases if juries were abolished, which the Government would dearly love to do.

well I have posted at length before about how I lost all my money in the divorce and how I did not see my kids for 6 months. In summary I joined f4j - I was the 4th person arrested on active service. I dont want to say too much but the f4j head honcho (Matt O'Connor) once called me "the most evil c**t I have ever met"! That from a man who runs an organization with a larger met police file than Al Quaeda.

Believe it or not, but the 1989 Children Act contains everything men need. But the family court never implented it.

There are plenty of documentated cases - but no-one cares. As long as they are fine then they are happy.

Besides, let us just say David Cameron got into power. Do you really think anything would change? I have voted conservative since I could vote in 1981 (6 times) but I believe it makes no difference.

What is needed is another party to get into power (I have no idea how). And for every single senior family court judge to be imprisoned for crimes against children.

Comment

Working...
              X