• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Groundhog Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groundhog Day

Rise and shine campers, its Groundhog Day. WooHoo!

A shadow of Punxsutawney Phil means six more weeks of winter and no shadow means spring is just around the corner.

Gobbler's Knob is the place and any squirrel called Phil will do. [Is Gobblers knob a grassy knoll]?

Will it be an early Spring?

I always thought 12:01 was better.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Rise and shine campers, its Groundhog Day.
      Wrong continent.

Go away.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Wrong continent.
        Absolutely. Even if the weather gets better the winter of financial turmoil will last longer than 6 weeks that is for sure. And I don't need a American rat's shadow to tell me that.
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
          And I don't need a American rat's shadow to tell me that.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
            Absolutely. Even if the weather gets better the winter of financial turmoil will last longer than 6 weeks that is for sure. And I don't need a American rat's shadow to tell me that.
            Groundhog Day is one of the better and cuter customs that we could import from the states for sure. The film was good anyway. Regarding predictions of gloom, the beauty of economics is that everyone can be right eventually, whether their predictions are based on complex mathematical models or a Marmots tail.

Comment

Groundhog Day is one of the better and cuter customs that we could import from the states for sure.
              Huh? But it is completely and utterly meaningless.

WE DO NOT HAVE THE SAME CLIMATE AS THE USA, FFS.

Do we really have to Merkinise everything?
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Regarding predictions of gloom, the beauty of economics is that everyone can be right eventually, whether their predictions are based on complex mathematical models or a Marmots tail.
                An economics graduate is passing his old college and decides to call in and visit one of his old tutors.

They have a long chat and the graduate asks to see one of the current examination papers so that he can see the questions that the current undergraduates have to answer.

He is astonished to see that the exam questions are all identical to the ones that he had to answer when he did his finals. He queries this and his tutor tells him

"Of course, the questions are all the same every year and never change. It is the answers that are different each year."

Comment

I never even knew it was a real day. I thought they made it up for the film... which was pretty good.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    Huh? But it is completely and utterly meaningless.
                    Our coldest weather is statistically at the end of Jan / beginning of Feb. Mid-winter is around that date too.

Apart from the fact that it does have a meaning in the sense of the weather improving and being cute since when did a celebration have to have a meaning? Non-christians celebrate Easter / Christmas, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X