• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Love and sweetheart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Love and sweetheart

Serious question, how do I gently get my PM to stop calling me My love and sweetheart, my blood boils every time he says that.

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Serious question, how do I gently get my PM to stop calling me My love and sweetheart, my blood boils every time he says that.
    Just be glad you're not in the East Midlands - they call you "me duck" up here

Comment

Cup your hand gently under his testes, grip tightly, swivel wrist so that hand turns knuckles upward, drive hand forcefully downward until heel of hand strikes the floor, and say sweetly "Please don't call me that again, or I shall get annoyed with you"

HTH
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Marry him.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just be glad you're not in the East Midlands - they call you "me duck" up here
          How awful - that must be really traumatic!

Comment

Thing is if he was calling everyone sweetheart/my love I wouldn't care and I'd think its just him, but he only addresses me like this... I know I sound as if I am making a big deal out of nothing, but I am really really uncomfortable with him calling me this.

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Cup your hand gently under his testes, grip tightly, swivel wrist so that hand turns knuckles upward, drive hand forcefully downward until heel of hand strikes the floor, and say sweetly "Please don't call me that again, or I shall get annoyed with you"

HTH

ohhhhh how I'd love to do this, only he is about 6'7"

Comment

Thing is if he was calling everyone sweetheart/my love I wouldn't care and I'd think its just him, but he only addresses me like this... I know I sound as if I am making a big deal out of nothing, but I am really really uncomfortable with him calling me this.

ohhhhh how I'd love to do this, only he is about 6'7"
              No! just about knee high, if you do it.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

It is not really on in this day and age.

Roughly how old is he? Your response to him will have to be different depending on whether he is the older generation who don't really know any better, or the younger generation who should.

Comment

Call your lawyer! I reckon this is worth about 200k with claimsdirect.

tell em you were so traumatised you joined CUK.

Comment

Has everyone forgot that sANDYdoWn is a guy?

Comment

Working...
                    X