• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do with your body - after death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with your body - after death

OK anyone thought of how would you like your family to dispose of your body after death?

Proper burial – 6 foot under
    BBQed (burned, and ashes buried)
    Ashes scattered somewhere

Other??

Poll to follow
    Proper burial – 6 foot under
    15.00%
    BBQed (burned, and ashes buried)
    15.00%
    Burned- Ashes scattered somewhere
    70.00%

where the f**k is the andyw option!

Comment

I want to be like Walt Disney and be frozen!

And yes I do know that is an urban myth.

Comment

What about medical research, or an option "I don't care, I will be dead"?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

yeh - I forgot the 'Other' option... you can just say it... I don't really know what is the right thing for me to do... my family tradition is proper burial, but heck its soooo expensive. But I don't fancy getting BBQed either.

Comment

You’re in a cheery mood SandyDown.

I don’t want the medical profession butchering me for any reason. If there are mysterious circumstances they can stay mysterious and me intact ta very muchy. My preference would be an old fashioned send-off, e.g. being eaten by a wolves/lions or some such. Nice and environmentally friendly, but not likely. Next best may be cremation, but done like in third world countries, i.e. straightaway, no messing about with morgues or extended rituals/funeral. The main thing is to avoid the ghoulishness of the medical profession, undertakers, etc, and the money involved.

Comment

I want mine to be used for necrophilia.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                You’re in a cheery mood SandyDown.

I don’t want the medical profession butchering me for any reason. If there are mysterious circumstances they can stay mysterious and me intact ta very muchy. My preference would be an old fashioned send-off, e.g. being eaten by a wolves/lions or some such. Nice and environmentally friendly, but not likely. Next best may be cremation, but done like in third world countries, i.e. straightaway, no messing about with morgues or extended rituals/funeral. The main thing is to avoid the ghoulishness of the medical profession, undertakers, etc, and the money involved.
                eeewwwww, when I was at the hospital there was this urban myth about a morgue keeper who used to errr have sex with dead bodies !!!

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Cremated, with my ashes mixed into the recipe for a Death by Chocolate cake, to be served at my wake.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Cremated, with my ashes mixed into the recipe for a Death by Chocolate cake, to be served at my wake.
                    You might have to get in there quick

With all the CO2 emissions that are caused by cremating people, how long before our Government decide that cremation must be banned?

Comment

Working...
                    X