• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

you're gonna love this one...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're gonna love this one...

'Husbands with multiple wives have been given the go-ahead to claim extra welfare benefits following a year-long Government review, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal.

Even though bigamy is a crime in Britain, the decision by ministers means that polygamous marriages can now be recognised formally by the state, so long as the weddings took place in countries where the arrangement is legal.
    '

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...benefit103.xml

Toodle-pip,

Milan.

WTF
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

FFS
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        'Husbands with multiple wives have been given the go-ahead to claim extra welfare benefits following a year-long Government review, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal.

Even though bigamy is a crime in Britain, the decision by ministers means that polygamous marriages can now be recognised formally by the state, so long as the weddings took place in countries where the arrangement is legal.
        '

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...benefit103.xml

Toodle-pip,

Milan.
        It's only 'fair' ...
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Does it give a list of countries where multiple wives is legal? I might just pop over there and harvest 100 or so and bring them back to a warehouse in Berkshire and start claiming the 100* welfare payments...

Comment

It's fine. I can afford to look after my own kids.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces View Post
              It's fine. I can afford to look after my own kids.
              Where does it mention looking after kids?

Comment

Men and women make babies. Sorry nobody ever told you that.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces View Post
                  Men and women make babies. Sorry nobody ever told you that.
                  Is English comprehension on your C.V.?

I truly HTH Link

Comment

OMG. FFS. WTF.
                    I do not believe this is happening. So now 1 migrant who becomes naturalised can bring in any number of wives?

This should be challenged under race laws as British men can not have multiple wives.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X