• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More "it's only fair" bollux

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More "it's only fair" bollux

GOOD state schools are being barred from choosing pupils from middle-class families by the government's education watchdog on admissions.

The schools have been hit by a series of rulings which block them from doing anything that might be seen as giving preferential treatment to middle-class applicants.
    The policy is being forced through by the government in a drive to use admissions to tackle "segregation" in society. The judgements, which set a precedent extending throughout the state school system, include:
    • - Banning headteachers from asking parents why they want to come to the school, in case this puts non-English speakers at a disadvantage

• - Barring schools from asking for children's birth certificates in case this identifies the parents' jobs, which might give professional families a competitive edge

• - Forbidding a discussion with parents of the school's Ofsted inspection report as this might discriminate against parents who "do no understand bureaucracy"

• - Stopping schools asking parents whether they support its ethos because this might be considered "patronising" to less well-educated or ethnic minority parents.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

The government wants everyone in society to be equal - equally illiterate and useless.
    Nobody is allowed to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
      The government wants everyone in society to be equal - equally illiterate and useless.
      Nobody is allowed to succeed.
      Most people are quite good at making sure that is the case for themselves.

HTH.

Comment

Middle classes should be in majority and should vote this Govt out.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Middle classes should be in majority and should vote this Govt out.
          In order to vote a government out, you've got to vote another government in. Therein lies the problem, at least in this country.

Comment

Middle classes are sadly too lazy to get off their DFS / Land of Leather sofas and go and vote in case they miss the next instalment of Big Brother / Dancing on Ice / Eastenders while they're doing so. This is why Liebour won last time and are relying on the same mass apathy next time round. Just my 2ps worth. HTH.
            Last edited by moorfield; 3 February 2008, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
              In order to vote a government out, you've got to vote another government in.
              I think as economic crisis bites (and it barely started) people are becoming angrier and angrier at current Govt.

Personally I'd vote for any party that would make law that any official (and this includes MPs and their advisors) proposing tax increases gets a minimum 5 years jail term after which they are asked whether they changed their view on taxation, if not they get another 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                Middle classes are sadly too lazy to get off their DFS / Land of Leather sofas and go and vote in case they miss the next instalment of Big Brother / Dancing on Ice / Eastenders while they're doing so. This is why Liebour won last time and are relying on the same mass apathy next time round. Just my 2ps worth. HTH.

That's why my Plan B is to set up a vote by proxy TV show where the lazy chavs-in-debt* can text their vote in for £1 plus the usual network charges.

* the only difference between the middleclass and the chav class is that the middle class bought their way off the council estates by maxing out their debt facilities. Oh how the intensively farmed chickens will soon be coming home to roost when they have to start paying it all back and their house is in negative equity.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  * the only difference between the middleclass and the chav class is that the middle class bought their way off the council estates by maxing out their debt facilities.
                  I have no debt - does that make me a member of the aristocracy?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                    I have no debt - does that make me a member of the aristocracy?
                    It makes you enemy of the state who evades taxation by not buying lots of useless stuff.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X