• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking forward to tonight's Superbowl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to tonight's Superbowl

Not me! This has to be the dullest, lowest common denominator for of 'Sports Entertainment' going. I'd rather watch live action replays of the last 10 varsity boatraces followed by some live chess and then a couple of hours of 'vintage' Big Brother.

Utter sh1te!
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Not me! This has to be the dullest, lowest common denominator for of 'Sports Entertainment' going. I'd rather watch live action replays of the last 10 varsity boatraces followed by some live chess and then a couple of hours of 'vintage' Big Brother.

Utter tulipe!
    Bah Humbug!

I love it. I am taking a day off tomorrow and will be staying up all night to watch it.

Although, I never seem to get as excited about the half time show as they all do, still if you don't enjoy the show you can at least marvel at the logistics that go into putting it all on.

Go Patriots!

Comment

Utter tulipe!

I Agree, what a pointless load of tosh. What do you see in it?
      That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

What a load of rubbish. Mind - I see (proper) football as equally pointless. Circuses...

Comment

Watched most of the first half, wondering what all the fuss was about and anticipating the half-time show. Then saw Tom Petty who was doing the show and lost interest. Jesus he's looking old these days.

Where were all the cheerleaders? I thought they pranced around during the match? No sign of them when I was watching. Very disappointing
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Utter tulipe!
            Totally agree, complete and utter american cockrot.
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Superbowl must be watched with a few folks while drinking beer and eating snacks. It's great fun! It turned into a good game too!

Comment

Do they have Superbowl at different times of the year, rather than the same time every year?

I'm sure I saw an episode of Columbo where the villain is watching a superbowl game in the middle of summer, not the depths of winter.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Columbo

One of the best episodes too - the villain driving the ice cream van to disguise himself - however this was taking place in LA/California where there is 'summer' weather all year round. Superbowl season usually starts in the summer and finishes in the winter.
                  Anyway, not a great game, but a thrilling finale last night.

Comment

I reckon I feel how the Americans must feel when they try and watch cricket.

To me it seems like ten seconds of action surrounded by 4 years of mucking about and the whole thing is bound up in impenetrable rules that seem to have been conceived by a madman.

Comment

Working...
                    X