• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Patio Heaters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patio Heaters

EU to ban them. Because they are not energy efficient? But they are: if you want heat on your patio, they are a great way to do it.

Anyway, now that we have been driven outside the pubs to smoke, they are a necessity. Though my partner insists that if patio heaters are banned too, she will just wear a fur coat.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Though my partner insists that if patio heaters are banned too, she will just wear a fur coat.
    Not the squirrels!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      EU to ban them. Because they are not energy efficient? But they are: if you want heat on your patio, they are a great way to do it.

Anyway, now that we have been driven outside the pubs to smoke, they are a necessity. Though my partner insists that if patio heaters are banned too, she will just wear a fur coat.
      So they are going to be expat-io heaters? IGMC
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
        So they are going to be expat-io heaters? IGMC

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Not the squirrels!
          Saw part of Countryfile on sunday. They had a group of forresters eating grey squirrel stew for lunch. Apparently they have no natural predators, so man has stepped in to help out.

Can't find the recipe on the BBC website though.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Can't find the recipe on the BBC website though.
            Just use the one that you use for Red Squirrels
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              Just use the one that you use for Red Squirrels
              That's like using the same recipe for chicken and beef. It's not just their fur that's red.

In the forest near me they've halted the rise of the grey squirrel by paintballing half of them red so they fight each other.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

That's like using the same recipe for chicken and beef. It's not just their fur that's red.

In the forest near me they've halted the rise of the grey squirrel by paintballing half of them red so they fight each other.

But the cooking method is the same right? you put it in the oven (fire, microwave etc) until the meat acquires the correct degree of edibility then serve and eat.
                Everything else is just garnish.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                  But the cooking method is the same right? you put it in the oven (fire, microwave etc) until the meat acquires the correct degree of edibility then serve and eat.
                  Everything else is just garnish.
                  Sheesh kebabs, Gordon Ramsey would have his work cut out with you.

FYI Red quirrels are so delicate you have to eat them raw otherwise the meat just liquifies, whereas the greys take two days of hard boiling just to loosen their fur.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Sheesh kebabs, Gordon Ramsey would have his work cut out with you.

FYI Red quirrels are so delicate you have to eat them raw otherwise the meat just liquifies, whereas the greys take two days of hard boiling just to loosen their fur.
                    Are you related to AtW?

Comment

Working...
                    X