• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Sea Grey car :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sea Grey car :(

My dealer can only do the black Ghia Focus for £12K, not the sea grey he accepted an order for.

The ghia is 1.8 8 valves, last of the old ones.

I can get a new facelifted Zetec with cruise for £13.5K. Wondering if worth getting this instead, or, stick to the fully loaded ghia for 1.5K less.

Other options I am considering are Astra, Dodge Caliber (serious mean machine!) or 1.9 Octavia, all around £12K.

Would much prefer a nice Beamer, but funds do not permit - £12K is my ideal top figure.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    My dealer can only do the black Ghia Focus for £12K, not the sea grey he accepted an order for.

I can get a new facelifted Zetec with cruise for £13.5K. Wondering if worth getting this instead, or, stick to the fully loaded ghia for 1.5K less.

Other options I am considering are Astra, Dodge Caliber (serious mean machine!) or 1.9 Octavia, all around £12K.

Would much prefer a nice Beamer, but funds do not permit - £12K is my ideal top figure.
    Won't you be getting a company car, now you've got your massively-paid permie job?
    If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Now I know for sure. OK own up, which of you jokers is "Wilmslow"?
      Last edited by sasguru; 4 February 2008, 13:58.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wilmslow,

what about a Passat ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Wilmslow,

what about a Passat ?

Milan.

This thread could become a classic.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Wilmslow,

what about a Passat ?

Milan.
            Indeed. A perfect poor man's BMW.

Comment

Go with the Skoda. A poor man's Passat
              Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Defo go with the Skoda. A real conversation piece in any permie car park.

Bring back the Super Estelle I say.
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Buy a 2nd hand beemer. Much better than a new Ford.

If you must get the Ford get the latest model rather than a loaded old model, it'll be worth more when you sell. (0.02p instead of 0.01p)

Comment

oi! My wife drives a skoda..... I drive a travelcard....

Comment

Working...
                    X