• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TENS machines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TENS machines

Have just bought myself one. From the instruction booklet..

Electrodes should not be placed on the head, throat, back of the neck, heart, chest area, eyes or sexual organs.
    Now what sort of idiot would even contemplate putting electrodes on their eyes?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Jim "No Eyes" McGinty?

Of course he wasn't always called "No Eyes"...

Only since he used the TENS machine on his eyeballs...

Comment

Now what sort of idiot would even contemplate putting electrodes on their balls?
      Let us know how you get on !

Comment

Do they sell them in the USA?

Comment

Are these the things that are reputed to work your abs while you sleep? I seem to recall way back in Canada that these were recalled and money refunded (all of it) because they didn't work.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I got Mrs PRC one of these when she gave birth.

She still claims it stung a bit.

I should have asked for my money back.

Comment

Had a play with one of these when me and my wife attended antenatal classes for our first. I would personally say bloody useless, I strapped it to my arm and had to turn it up to about 3/4 to feel the bloody thing.

That being said on full it was forcing my hand to clench all by itself, so I'm sure there is a good use some of the contributors on here could find for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Do they sell them in the USA?
                They do sell stun guns

Comment

They are very good for treating muscle sprains.

Borrowed one a few years ago when I injured my wrist / thumb and had it on, nicely soothing the pain, when the wife thought it would be really funny to sneak up on me and ratchet the f**ker up to full whack. Next minute my arm's doing the possessed hand thing out of Evil Dead II.

She thought it was highly amusing.

I've just had an idea..............
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Mrs ferret had one of these off the NHS when she had our first. She tested it once or twice to try and get used to it. When she went into full on contractions she asked me to put it on her. Within 5 minutes she was snarling "Get that ****ing thing off me it is no ****ing good." I suggested she wait a little longer and gradually turn it up as in the handbook. The vicious look suggested it should be removed sharpish. She has not suggested getting one this time around.
                    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
                    X