• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't forget: Pancake Tuesday tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget: Pancake Tuesday tomorrow

Anyone bother making pancakes anymore?

About the only thing I remember my dad making with any regularity. Suprisingly filling too. Only ever managed about 3 or 4 normal frying pan sized ones, topped with a sprinkle of sugar and lemon juice. Probably why my teeth are more artificial than real thesedays.

Here's a reminder for tomorrow (may not be NSFW if you work for a bunch of bankers):

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle647494.ece

What the picture in the linked article contains: Kelly Brook topless with a pair of very deflated baps.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Its Super Tuesday tomorrow as well (to do with US elections)

Oh I can't eat wheat, but may make pancakes from the protein powder I have - anyone tried the Frotess (H&B has 1/2 priced ones) the vanilla flavour is soooo yummie....

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      Its Super Tuesday tomorrow as well (to do with US elections)

I don't know why (seeing as I know so little about either candidate) but there's something about Hilary Clinton that makes me hope Barack Obama wipes the floor with her.

Typical how the media keep banging on about it being a woman v black guy contest. You'd think there was some white geezer on the sideline they wanted to win instead. Bloody rednecks.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Mmm pancakes yum!

Hi Sandy love you ok sweety?
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
          Mmm pancakes yum!

Hi Sandy love you ok sweety?
          Hey there poopsie

Comment

I had a big stack on the weekend covered with maple syrup. I make them American style from some mix my Mom brought over last time she came.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I forget every year! This year will no doubt be no different.

Comment

btw: pancake day is referring to Shrove Tuesday, when churches serve pancakes - they do this as a splurge before giving up stuff for the solemn Lent season. (and also to use up the good ingredients like butter and eggs)

In Hawaii, this day is also known as Malasada Day. Dating back to the days of the sugar plantations in the 1800s, the Portuguese immigrants would need to use up all of their butter and sugar prior to Lent. They did so by making large batches of Malasada (Portuguese Doughnuts), which they would subsequently share with friends from all the other ethnic groups in the plantation camps. This led to the popularity of the Malasada in Hawaii. Still a tradition in Hawaii.

Comment

I am in a hotel tomorrow night, so, looks like a trip to the Bradford Little Chef if I want to experience pancakes!!

Comment

Devil his due

...thanks for expanding our Latin vocab El Diabolo.

"Cyclops" would have been the obvious choice, but yes indeed, luscus = "one-eyed". Silver Latin, but still...

LSJ quotes this Juvenal:
                    ambos perdidit ille oculos, et luscis invidet
                    which comes to much the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X