• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've just bought this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just bought this...

Elliptical Cross Trainer

Seemed like decent spec and hopefully will help me shift some of my xmas excess!

Only if you use it. You'll probably find you use it more to hang your washing on.

Comment

True, but hopefully not!

Comment

£600 for a washing line! FFS!

Comment

When will you people realise that you won't lose weight by spending money, you'll lose weight by spendign less money (less money shopping and buying bad foods)

Anyway, exercise will keep you fit, but to lose weight there is one way... eat less!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
            When will you people realise that you won't lose weight by spending money, you'll lose weight by spendign less money (less money shopping and buying bad foods)

Anyway, exercise will keep you fit, but to lose weight there is one way... eat less!!
            Very true. Whenever I've spent money on gym memberships or expensive gadgets (I bought one of those leg and bum toner walking machines) I just use them a few times, and once the novelty wears off, they just gather dust.

I now rely on food moderation, walking and using weights and floor wheel to manage my weight now. I don't seem to be losing any more weight, and have surely left my skinny days behind me now, but I'm not putting weight on either. Not bad considering I suffer from a common thyroid glandular problem.
            Last edited by Denny; 4 February 2008, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Very true. Whenever I've spent money on gym memberships or expensive gadgets (I bought one of those leg and bum toner walking machines) I just use them a few times, and once the novelty wears off, they just gather dust.

I now rely on food moderation, walking and using weights and floor wheel to manage my weight now. I don't seem to be losing any more, and have surely left my skinny days behind me now, but I'm not putting weight on either. Not bad considering I suffer from a common thyroid glandular problem.
              Has this been diagnosed by your GP?

Thyroid problems are relatively rare. What is common is eating donuts and crisps in front of the telly and telling people "it's a gland problem".

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Has this been diagnosed by your GP?

Thyroid problems are relatively rare. What is common is eating donuts and crisps in front of the telly and telling people "it's a gland problem".
                I think there is a big difference between stuffing my face with donuts and sweets in front of the telly - something I used to do when I was a size 10 and finding out less than a year ago, that over a few months early last year, that I'm getting increasingly tired for no reason and feeling exhausted just walking half a mile, putting on weight rapidly for no apparent reason even on my usual modest diet, feeling cold for no reason, even in summer and then having a blood test to find out WTFs wrong and finding out my hormone levels are sky higher than they should be and being put on lifelong drugs, without which I would be dead.

Satisfied now?
                Last edited by Denny; 4 February 2008, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  I think there is a big difference between stuffing my face with donuts and sweets in front of the telly - something I used to do when I was a size 10 and finding out less than a year ago, that over a few months early last year, that I'm getting increasingly tired for no reason and feeling exhausted just walking half a mile, putting on weight rapidly for no apparent reason even on my usual modest diet, feeling cold for no reason, even in summer and then having a blood test to find out WTFs wrong and finding out my hormone levels are sky higher than they should be and being put on lifelong drugs, without which I would be dead.

Satisfied now?

No. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Elliptical Cross Trainer

Seemed like decent spec and hopefully will help me shift some of my xmas excess!

You do know you can't take it to work without road tax, insurance, and MOT?
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X