• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

February

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February

God how I hate February, hate it hate it hate it...

why the iffing smilies not working ... iffing BB... useless...

Comment

But remember, this February is a very special February and this is something to keep reminding the permies. They have to work an extra day for nothing whilst we get paid for it.

As this extra day is a complete bonus, we should all treat ourselves with the money.

What will you be buying yourself for Leap Year Bonus Ball day?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        But remember, this February is a very special February and this is something to keep reminding the permies. They have to work an extra day for nothing whilst we get paid for it.

As this extra day is a complete bonus, we should all treat ourselves with the money.

What will you be buying yourself for Leap Year Bonus Ball day?

Yeh alright, I also feel bad about something, told work I'll be working at home last Friday, but I just went for a couple of interviews, then went shopping.... didn't actually do any work and checked my email once.... but billed them for the whole day... feeling a bit guilty, however, even if I am at the office now I sort of do very little, project just gone live and am jsut doing balh blah team support... but no one to support yet!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          Yeh alright, I also feel bad about something, told work I'll be working at home last Friday, but I just went for a couple of interviews, then went shopping.... didn't actually do any work and checked my email once.... but billed them for the whole day... feeling a bit guilty, however, even if I am at the office now I sort of do very little, project just gone live and am jsut doing balh blah team support... but no one to support yet!!
          I know that sometimes I have unproductive days but isn't the above just pure fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            I know that sometimes I have unproductive days but isn't the above just pure fraud?
            Permies have been doing it for centuries. They call it throwing a sickie.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Smilies are not allowed in february, for reasons you've hinted at in your original post.

Saddies are allowed, but we don't have any accurate pictures of the sad gits on here, though I believe they are referred to as the Majestic 12.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Smilies are fine, I expect a PICNIC problem.
                my ferret is your ferret

Comment

February made me shiver
                  With every tax return Id deliver ...
                  Bad news on the box
                  Wee holes in my sox

Comment

Pondlife: I told them about last Friday, that I will have to go out of the house for 2 appointments, and gave them the choice, I either be available on the mobile phone and email (had my laptop with me - but I expected them to ring me if they need me) the other option is for me to officially take a day off, the programme manager chose to have me on-call so to speak, so he knew I will be out of the house, but will keep my mobile on and they can reach me anytime they need to... but the fact is they didn't call...

Do you still think its fraud?

Comment

Working...
                    X