• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HBOS Anyone ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOS Anyone ?

Any of you gigged here ?

If so, what's the culture like ?
    Kneel before Bod

Which site - Cardiff or Bristol or up north??

didn't work there, but 2 contractors I worked with left here to work there (one Cardiff the other Bristol) Heard good things about Cardiff, but the one up north I was told expect you to do macho hours (hard to believe anyone up north does macho hours.. but that's how the story goes)

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      Which site - Cardiff or Bristol or up north??
      Head office - Halifax, very much up Norf'

up north I was told expect you to do macho hours
      macho hours ? what like 8 - 6 ? Jeeesus, any more than 10 - 3 and I start hyperventilating
      Kneel before Bod

Comment

Oh – I actually worked in Halifax (Dean Clough) about 10 years ago – stayed there till just after they announced the merger with bank of Scotland, and I remember the collapse of Prudential, but Halifax decided to save them!! … I was also part of the IF project (Intelligent Finance - sigh , those were the days) people were very nice…. Normal to standard banking hours (8 am till 6 or 7 pm)… it all depends on the project really. The worst thing was the drive there… I sort of remember this magnificent country hotel… just about 10 minutes drive, but can’t recall the name !! Had the best food menu ever.

Comment

I was there around then Sandy and also on the IF project - nice rates! Very dull corporate culture though with school to grave mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
            Very dull corporate culture though with school to grave mentality.
            Sounds delightful
            Kneel before Bod

Comment

have been trying to get a gig with them, agents keep saying they have fwd CV and waiting on response from client!

So how long did it take for you to get the gig- say since CV sent to interview stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
                Any of you gigged here ?

If so, what's the culture like ?
                Usual large corporate nonsense, mixed with a "I've been here for twenty years, so I know best" attitude from most of the managent.

Hence the reason I left last year to become a contractor.

Oddly enough, I was in Dean Clough when the IF stuff was being fixed by the ecommerce team - as the techies in Edinburgh had left a hole as wide as Kate Moss's in the security .....

As for working patterns - 40 hours, do it mostly when you want as long as it fits with the rest of the project, i.e. 8 - 6 core hours ....
                If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Oh – I actually worked in Halifax (Dean Clough) about 10 years ago – stayed there till just after they announced the merger with bank of Scotland, and I remember the collapse of Prudential, but Halifax decided to save them!! … I was also part of the IF project (Intelligent Finance - sigh , those were the days) people were very nice…. Normal to standard banking hours (8 am till 6 or 7 pm)… it all depends on the project really. The worst thing was the drive there… I sort of remember this magnificent country hotel… just about 10 minutes drive, but can’t recall the name !! Had the best food menu ever.
                  Devonshire Arms? (10 minutes in a helicopter maybe)

Comment

I worked at HBOS in the city - was there in 2006. Very good culture. But I left as not enough work.

I completed a 4 week job in a day - was told "slow down superman".

But generally a great place.

Comment

Working...
                    X