• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

lunch in the office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lunch in the office

Is it just me that gets annoyed by people eating a full lunch off a plate with knife and fork at their desk? It's like they're in a fecking restaurant, all they need is a nice gingham tablecloth, a candle and a half carafe of red.

Winds me up it does...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Not as much as the "been to the Chippy" brigade. Especially when they have the full works meat pie, peas, gravy (yeuch!).

Oh and don't start me on the at your desk Indian family banquets that seem to have sprung up.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I'd be more worried about all the bacteria building up on the mouse and keyboard if they didn't use a knife and fork.

Saw a proggy on it a while back. Scary how much invisible dirt is around when people eat sandwiches, take-outs, etc at their desk. Especially if the cleaners are of the type where they're doing little more than freshening the air each time they come round.

At a previous place we used to have competitions to see who could cook the smelliest food in the microwave, as they'd kindly supplied us with a nice little kitchen next to our office. I think some type of fish dish won the prize. Truly awful stench, and the person still ate it.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

in the old days you could have just sparked up a cig to smoke them out of the office
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Oh and don't start me on the at your desk Indian family banquets that seem to have sprung up.
          Ahhhh I just finished mine, great stuff at only £3.50 a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Scary how much invisible dirt is around when people eat sandwiches, take-outs, etc at their desk. Especially if the cleaners are of the type where they're doing little more than freshening the air each time they come round.
            Agreed - it's not a particularly pleasant thought. But neither is it healthy for us to live in an ultra-clean environment - we have an immune system that is specifically designed to cope with crap like this. When was the last time you heard about somebody falling ill from bacteria on their keyboard?

Comment

Under pressure?

Pressures at work? Either that or trying to get extra brownie points: look at me, I'm not taking time off work - despite taking them best part of an hour to get there and back and eat as slowly as they can vs popping in to the canteen/restaurant and having a quick lunch and a laugh/joke with your mates. In some cases though you'll find some people are so introvert, they can't even sit on the same table let alone talk to anyone.

Comment

Hey - I can't eat sandwiches, and I have to eat with a knife and fork, I have no option !!

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                  Agreed - it's not a particularly pleasant thought. But neither is it healthy for us to live in an ultra-clean environment - we have an immune system that is specifically designed to cope with carp like this. When was the last time you heard about somebody falling ill from bacteria on their keyboard?
                  True, which is the exact same excuse I use for not cleaning my home more regularly. Though they may think it was a dodgy take-away not the keyboard that gave them the runs.

Another case in point is that How Clean is Your Home, where them two bints go in and prove how much potentially deadly bacteria is festering away, yet those who live there are still alive and well.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    Hey - I can't eat sandwiches, and I have to eat with a knife and fork, I have no option !!
                    Yes you do - bugger off out to a restaurant...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X