• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain unveils super-fast plane

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain unveils super-fast plane

Just to piss all over the thread about the French and their trains...

A British team has designed a hypersonic passenger aeroplane that could one day fly passengers between Europe and Australia in less than five hours.

The A2 was designed by Oxfordshire-based Reaction Engines and would carry 300 passengers at a sustained speed of Mach 5 - or 3,800mph - which is more than twice the speed of Concorde.
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200...r-45dbed5.html
    It's about time I changed this sig...

I think you will find that the difference is that the French will use their trains extensively very shortly, where as is this invention will be used by the military (at best) about 5-10 years from now (at best) and most likely it won't be UK military too since Govt in this country does not want to invest into fundamental science and prefers media studies.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I think you will find that the difference is that the French will use their trains extensively very shortly, where as is this invention will be used by the military (at best) about 5-10 years from now (at best) and most likely it won't be UK military too since Govt in this country does not want to invest into fundamental science and prefers media studies.
      I know I know I know... I was just trying to distract myself from the fact the French are so much better at trains than us.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        I know I know I know... I was just trying to distract myself from the fact the French are so much better at trains than us.
        French girlie accent is also very cute

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          French girlie accent is also very cute
          The hairy box less so.
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
            The hairy box less so.
            Ahem, I disagree. Can't stand the American inspired trend for removing anything vaguely human looking from their bodies and replacing it with plastic.

Comment

Agree with the previous 2 posters. A well tended bush does not go amiss ...
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Can someone explain to atw what we are talking about ...
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Ahem, I disagree. Can't stand the American inspired trend for removing anything vaguely human looking from their bodies and replacing it with plastic.
                  I have to agree, can't stand plastic perfectly symmetrical boobies
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    This'll get as far as the last British hypersonic aircraft did... i.e. nowhere.
                    Shame - I wish they'd get on with it. I hate flying would love to get it over with quicker - I bet there's no turbulence at 50 million feet of whatever, either.

Comment

Working...
                    X