• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hands free car kit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands free car kit

I want to get a hands free kit for my new car from the dealer. Does anyone know if I can put this through my company?

My phone is a company phone and I need to use my car sometimes for business purposes.
    Cats are evil.

The question is would you use the hands free car kit for company business.

If not then it's a benefit in kind.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure this would be a valid expense and the business justification easily explainable. Particuarly backed up since it is a business phone.

IANAA
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Whacked mine through as a company expense and thought nothing of it. I need it for my company mobile - if a mate calls me when I'm driving, he can (and did) wait - my clients might go elsewhere !

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          I want to get a hands free kit for my new car from the dealer. Does anyone know if I can put this through my company?

My phone is a company phone and I need to use my car sometimes for business purposes.
          Worth checking rules under dual usage. You could use the Hands off kit personally; in which case it would be a BIK.

Comment

http://www.frettens.co.uk/cms/catsec...sfreekits.html

Company must pay for it (no reimbursed costs) and company must retain ownership of hands free kit.

So my company pays £300 to VW to fit nice integrated mobile phone prep (most of the cost is labour). When I sell the car in 3-4 years time I'll pay the company back £5 for the metal bracket on the old dashboard.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Parrot - excellent.

Comment

Working...
              X