• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benched

Its been 5 weeks on the bench, things looking very gloomy.

Who else is on the bench and for how long have u been

Chin up... try the permie route or a Plan B
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Chin up dear boy. Unfortunately it's the worst time of the year to be benched, but things usually start picking back up around the first few weeks in Feb.

Revamp your CV, repost it on all the sites, contact any old clients you think might be looking out for new peeps.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Chin up

Atm there is a freeze on hiring on most large banks in the City. I'd say wait till March/April when new budgets are released.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          Chin up dear boy. Unfortunately it's the worst time of the year to be benched, but things usually start picking back up around the first few weeks in Feb.

Revamp your CV, repost it on all the sites, contact any old clients you think might be looking out for new peeps.
          Thanks for cheering up, I am Gal / not a boy

Comment

hello newbee

I'm benched as well. I finished on xmas eve.

Perfectly happy doing nothing at the moment though, got plenty of jobs around the house that need attention so I'm keeping myself busy.

I'll start looking again at the back end of this month. There's plenty of threads to read in here to keep you occupied in the meantime though.

You'll be fine. Think positive.
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

On the bench for 5 weeks and loving it. Been for one interview and not even sure I want to go back, it's sunny and the golf course is calling me!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                hello newbee

I'll start looking again at the back end of this month. There's plenty of threads to read in here to keep you occupied in the meantime though.

Well as you can see, I am reading loads of thread and posting now to kill time

You'll be fine. Think positive.
                Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                On the bench for 5 weeks and loving it. Been for one interview and not even sure I want to go back, it's sunny and the golf course is calling me!
                lucky you bagpuss, I would have enjoyed the break if not for the big hole in my kitty(I am new so not much in kitty, looks like can only last only another month with rising bills)

Comment

Originally posted by newbee View Post
                  Thanks for cheering up, I am Gal / not a boy
                  Be prepared for the CUK baptism of fire....

You will probably be asked some/all of the following:
                  • How can you prove you are a girl?
                  • Have you got a picture to upload?
                  • Can you make your picture your avvie?
                  • Can you show us your <snip>?
                  • Are you an AtW fembot?
                  • What are you wearing?
                  • Are you interested in geeks?
                  • Are you coming to the CUL northern do?
                  Last edited by ferret; 6 February 2008, 12:21. Reason: Bad Ardesco!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Heh? sunny? where do you live? and can I move in with you pleeeeeeese?

Did I tell you about my friend in Texas who is constantly emailing me complainign about the heat... yesterday she even drove to pick her kids with no shoes.. too hot for shoes.....

I hate her

Comment

Working...
                    X