• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another interesting Telly programme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another interesting Telly programme

Reposession, Reposession, Reposession tonight on ITV.

Look forward to reports on this one.

I suppose I'll just have to watch yet another documentary on Swiss farmers.
    I'm alright Jack

Nothing like a bit of Schadenfraude to brighten up the winter nights.

Comment

SKY+ is ready to roll.

22:35 for those interested.

Doomed.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

You can always count on the media to hype up a situation till the sheep bleet to their tune.

Next you'll have the public whinging about how much debt they were allowed to get themselves into. It is after all a nanny state. So not their fault.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I watched this. Laughed at all the people blaming the government for being £xxk in debt FFS that's like saying Ford is to blame for that Focus hitting me whilst I stood in the middle of the road.

That guy with £1M in loans and mortgages and only an income to pay the interest on half of it... Oh dear™
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            That guy with £1M in loans and mortgages and only an income to pay the interest on half of it... Oh dear™

I bet Yorkshire Bank were watching it with interest, and are calling in the loans as we speak.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              I watched this. Laughed at all the people blaming the government for being £xxk in debt FFS that's like saying Ford is to blame for that Focus hitting me whilst I stood in the middle of the road.

I would say that the government do have a portion of blame to take. They have encouraged the debt lifestyle quite a bit. They got rid of grants and pushed out student loans instead meaning most students will have at least £10,000 debt when they leave uni. These people are going to be used to being thousands of pounds in debt so they probably won't think too much about it. They have also put things like plasma TV's in their list of things that everybody needs to have to live when calculating inflation (does anybody really need a plasma screen TV?? No). Finally look at how much debt the government has currently got itself into...

This being said you can't just blame the government, they may have made it easy and helped encourage it but at the end of the day if you go out and get yourself into £1million worth of debt it is your fault. That guy is going to get a nasty shock when they pull back everything and repossess his house and car this year. The banks are getting worried now and starting to call in the debts and he is royally ****ed. Seeing his attitude on the program yesterday I can't say that I feel the slightest bit sorry for him, he deserves everything he's going to get.

Comment

I don't really understand the connection between introducing student loans and encouraging people to then go and borrow more money at a much higher rate, and with different payment terms. Plus, it was low interest rates set by the BoE that had more of an effect on people thinking they could afford lots of credit.

Personally, when I graduated with c£12k student loan debt I didn't think "I know, lets get more, because that's what I'm used to now!" I think it is the individual's responsibilty to work out that if they have x coming in each month, and a,b & c going out each month with d left over, are the repayments on a loan bigger than d? If yes, then don't get the loan.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Tell me something I don't know

What a waste of time (to watch) and money (to make it)!
                  I thought they were going to provide us with some figures to back their doom and gloom, but all we saw was the unfortunate couple that lost their house (not the smartest people you may ever see), the former students complaining about the student loans and the yuppie guy that kept horses and borrowed loads to keep up with his lifestyle. That was it, unless I missed something. You might as well had AtW presenting it, what an irresponsible piece of tulipe journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    That guy is going to get a nasty shock when they pull back everything and repossess his house and car this year.
                    Not as nasty a shock as the banks will get when the bloke goes bankrupt.

Serves 'em right. They lend money indiscriminately then whinge when folks can't pay it back.

Comment

Working...
                    X