• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it going too far....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it going too far....

As regulars on this board will know I am pro gay issues.

I am concernd at just how much time is spent on gay relationships on TV at the moment.
    This week I watched Eastenders, Mistresses and Shameless. All of which had leading characters who are gay or lesbian or are having issues with their sexuality. All of which had major topics covering gay ad lesbian issues.

Now I am supportive of gay issues and rights. I thoroughly believe that they should be recognised and represented in all forms of media, but last night I felt like being gay or lesbian was being actualy promoted.

Have we gone too far?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Eastenders, Mistresses and Shameless
    Well there is your problem.

I was going to say "no, I don't think its on TV too much" but I don't watch any of those and watch naff all TV anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      As regulars on this board will know I am pro gay issues.

I am concernd at just how much time is spent on gay relationships on TV at the moment.
      This week I watched Eastenders, Mistresses and Shameless. All of which had leading characters who are gay or lesbian or are having issues with their sexuality. All of which had major topics covering gay ad lesbian issues.

Now I am supportive of gay issues and rights. I thoroughly believe that they should be recognised and represented in all forms of media, but last night I felt like being gay or lesbian was being actualy promoted.

Have we gone too far?
      Me too - I'm not bothered by it - but there does seem to be loads of it at the moment -

But......... wasn't mistresses bloody good last night? I didn't see that happening at all....
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I personally think that there could be a bit more girl on girl action.

Tony in Pro Lesbo mode!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I don't mind what they get up to as long as it's not in my face or forced down my throat

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            I don't mind what they get up to as long as it's not in my face or forced down my throat

Your missing a firaly crucial one there.

Comment

Yes. Though perhaps there's no-one in the lives of the writers who is secure in their heterosexual identity. So they think they're just reflecting real society.

There are certain homosexual groups who at one end of the promotional scale, would argue that it is necessary to have positive promotion to overcome society's prejudices, which I could have some sympathy with, and at the other end, seem to have a political manifesto seeking to destroy any aspect of heterosexuality in modern culture.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

Tony in Pro Lesbo mode!
                "We're thespians. Wanna watch?"
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

Tony in Pro Lesbo mode!
                  You have missed out if you have not been watching Mistresses. It has been top telly and Hot Lezzers to boot.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It's not an illness, it's not a "difference", it's merely a sexual preference!

Why all the fuss?

Comment

Working...
                    X