• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Broadband

Does anybody use it/have it? I'm thinking of switching to their 16mb service and wondered how good they are.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

It was good when they went through BT. Now, not the best, you do get some periods of unavailability. Not the worst though.

Comment

Take a look here:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

Sky review here:
      http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/ce...ils&itemid=534

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Does anybody use it/have it? I'm thinking of switching to their 16mb service and wondered how good they are.
        Recently switched to them from BT when I got the Sky HD package. Not been particularly impressed tbh. Never realised how good I had it with BT

Comment

I use it - and it's grand... no problems so far
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Cheers folks - Just checked my line speed and BT thinks that the best speed I can get is only half as fast as the 1mbps link I already have.

So I might stay put as I'm only shelling out £10 per month at the moment.

Is there a way of estimating the max speed based on the noise levels on the line? I can get this info off my router.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Cheers folks - Just checked my line speed and BT thinks that the best speed I can get is only half as fast as the 1mbps link I already have.
              That's because you hate squirrels - you have bad karma.

I have a total of 3 lines with total capacity of 36 Mbits.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I have a total of 3 lines with total capacity of 36 Mbits.

What is your upstream though?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                  What is your upstream though?
                  Should be around 3 Mbits, I will probably increase that - my ADSL 2 provider allows for doubling of upstream from 1.3 Mbit with some loss of downstream.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

What makes you think that?

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X