• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vera Duckworth - Liz Dawn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vera Duckworth - Liz Dawn

Did anyone see the documentary about Liz Dawn and why she was killed of in Corrie? She has COPD through heavy smoking and now has only one third of her lung capacity left. Although she's not getting any worse, due to her own determination to stop smoking and the therapy she's receiving, she still gets breathless just walking a few steps, so she was forced to stop acting.

I thought it was a great shame really, because when she started smoking, at age 14, I think, at a time when smoking was fashionable and no one really knew what the health risks were.

Liz gave up smoking 5 years ago under doctors orders and now takes drugs several times a day. If she hadn't she wouldn't have needed a soap plot to kill her off. It would have happened for real.

Sobering thought for anyone of you who smokes heavily.

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Did anyone see the documentary about Liz Dawn and why she was killed of in Corrie? She has COPD through heavy smoking and now has only one third of her lung capacity left. Although she's not getting any worse, due to her own determination to stop smoking and the therapy she's receiving, she still gets breathless just walking a few steps, so she was forced to stop acting.

I thought it was a great shame really, because when she started smoking, at age 14, I think, at a time when smoking was fashionable and no one really knew what the health risks were.

Liz gave up smoking 5 years ago under doctors orders and now takes drugs several times a day. If she hadn't she wouldn't have needed a soap plot to kill her off. It would have happened for real.

So for the last few years she has been off her t1ts while treading the cobbles.

Good effort
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

If she does peg it anytime soon, she should use her fame and do a video like Yul Brynner did promoting anti-smoking after his death:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjunlWUJJI

Having seen it today for the first time, I think Bill Hicks over dramaticised it a bit. Last laugh was on Bill though, he pegged it not long after, from smoke induced cancer. and

I have to say I see more smokers down south than up north. So much for the stereotype that southerners are more intelligent.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I didn't see that documentary, but I did see Horizon last night on the various opinions of scientists as to what the twenty most dangerous drugs are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/prog.../drugs/survey/

No surprise that tobacco kills more than the others - UK deaths: 114,000; followed by alcohol at 40,000.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
          I didn't see that documentary, but I did see Horizon last night on the various opinions of scientists as to what the twenty most dangerous drugs are.

No surprise that tobacco kills more than the others - UK deaths: 114,000; followed by alcohol at 40,000.

It's ok though because they're the taxed drugs. The ones they tax for our benefit by dissuading us to use them.

If we're all supposed to be free-thinking adults, why not legalise all drugs and get better control of them. Whilst they've got all those troops taliban dodging in the poppy fields in afghanistan, it seems an ideal time to seize control. For the sake of the people of course.

Knowing our government they'd recruit all the drug dealers so they've got a ready made network, so no-one loses out. See how attractive a life of drug dealing is when they've got all the tax and red tape our government loves to dish out.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post

I didn't see the programme was looked at the list. I was surprised to see that Crack Cocaine was not in the list, nor Crystal Meth. This amazes me.

Comment

I didn't see the programme was looked at the list. I was surprised to see that Crack Cocaine was not in the list, nor Crystal Meth. This amazes me.
              What amazes me is that you know these drugs at all

Comment

I saw it.

Scary some of the things that they showed - she did a lung capacity test which hardly registered on the scale.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  What amazes me is that you know these drugs at all
                  I take an interest in quite a lot of things that have a strong social impact.

Comment

I gave up smoking 22nd DEc 1989

Comment

Working...
                    X