• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abuse of the Visa system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abuse of the Visa system

And just to prove my point in an earlier thread, along comes an email, offering services of "HSMP approved, VISA ready professionals". I am interested to know the details of the "onshore nearshore offshore or any f******* shore" project that they are supposed to be working on.

Dear Mr DodgyAgent,

We have a ready pool of HSMP approved, VISA ready professionals on our payroll. These professionals are some of our best employees from across the globe. We have a ready pool of consultants in the areas of SUN, Microsoft, SAP, TIBCO and IBM product line; Testing, Project Management and Business Analysis.

Why should you consider our consultants?

® We understand you have built client relationships with difficulty. Our delivery capability will help you nourish that relationship.

® Our global recruiting process is extremely stringent and thorough. We continuously aim to reduce Your RISK of hiring.

® Towards that goal, each of our consultant submission comes with:

o Detailed technical evaluation, done by an independent on-line certification authority – validates technical strengths;

o Reference checks from the last two projects – validates résumé;

® All of our consultants are readily available and can take interviews ASAP.

® Since they are our own employees, we are flexible on start dates and can hold back consultants, even if the interview process takes time.

® Our existing relationship with our employees ensures that they do not leave the project in a hurry.

Why this email?

We desire to explore the possibility of working with you and help you close your client requirements. You can be assured that our consultants will not let you down before your clients.

Meticular (www.meticular.com) is a VA, US based IT Services Company. London is our European hub.

Nat Murthy

Director – UK Business Development
    020 3239 6222
    www.meticular.com

Anyone who pretends that "near/on shoring is anything other than a scam to recruit cheap Indians, Chinese or whatever is seriously deluded
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Do you know what HSMP is?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Do you know what HSMP is?

No, do tell
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        No, do tell
        HSMP is different from work permits by allowing the foreign person who got it to take up employment or do contracting work or anything else without seeking additional permission from Govt. Workpermits are needed to be applied for each employer, not HSMP.

The thing that HSMP people need however is recruiting help, so that Indian guy (unless he is lieing about these people being HSMP approved) is doing the kind of job that you do - legitimately also (at least from immigration laws point of view).

I had HSMP at some point too

Comment

And just to prove my point in an earlier thread, along comes an email, offering services of "HSMP approved, VISA ready professionals". I am interested to know the details of the "onshore nearshore offshore or any f******* shore" project that they are supposed to be working on.

Dear Mr DodgyAgent,

We have a ready pool of HSMP approved, VISA ready professionals on our payroll. These professionals are some of our best employees from across the globe. We have a ready pool of consultants in the areas of SUN, Microsoft, SAP, TIBCO and IBM product line; Testing, Project Management and Business Analysis.

® We understand you have built client relationships with difficulty. Our delivery capability will help you nourish that relationship.

® Our global recruiting process is extremely stringent and thorough. We continuously aim to reduce Your RISK of hiring.

® Towards that goal, each of our consultant submission comes with:

o Detailed technical evaluation, done by an independent on-line certification authority – validates technical strengths;

o Reference checks from the last two projects – validates résumé;

® All of our consultants are readily available and can take interviews ASAP.

® Since they are our own employees, we are flexible on start dates and can hold back consultants, even if the interview process takes time.

® Our existing relationship with our employees ensures that they do not leave the project in a hurry.

Why this email?

We desire to explore the possibility of working with you and help you close your client requirements. You can be assured that our consultants will not let you down before your clients.

Meticular (www.meticular.com) is a VA, US based IT Services Company. London is our European hub.

Nat Murthy

Director – UK Business Development
          020 3239 6222
          www.meticular.com

Anyone who pretends that "near/on shoring is anything other than a scam to recruit cheap Indians, Chinese or whatever is seriously deluded

Often foreigners are better choice because of their motivation and skills. More often they are not. the email is totally ok.

Comment

Oh, I thought this was about something completely different! I abuse my visa on a regular basis and my mastercard too. But that's not what you were all talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              HSMP is different from work permits by allowing the foreign person who got it to take up employment or do contracting work or anything else without seeking additional permission from Govt. Workpermits are needed to be applied for each employer, not HSMP.

The thing that HSMP people need however is recruiting help, so that Indian guy (unless he is lieing about these people being HSMP approved) is doing the kind of job that you do - legitimately also (at least from immigration laws point of view).

I had HSMP at some point too
              Fair enough AtW, I've just checked and I assumed that HSMP was the same as work permits (wrong again DA). This of course begs the question as to what exactly is their relationship with meticular? presumably if like you they applied for an HSMP they would do so knowing that they are free to work for anyone in the UK. What hold therefore do meticular have over them when they say: Our existing relationship with our employees ensures that they do not leave the project in a hurry what exactly does that mean?

It seems to me that this HSMP system is being abused (legally I will now concede) by foreign companies as a means to get cheap workers into the UK.
              I may be being harsh here but it also seems that meticular are very much involved in the process of these guys obtaining visas.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Oh, I thought this was about something completely different! I abuse my visa on a regular basis and my mastercard too. But that's not what you were all talking about...

get back on your running machine ladymuck... it does look a bit flimsy, are you sure it wont collapse when you start jumping around on it?

Comment

Translated in pure english means:

"Much quickness, plenty cheapness"
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                    Often foreigners are better choice because of their motivation and skills. More often they are not. the email is totally ok.
                    The email is not OK as I have just pointed out. And this whole thing is not about foreigners being a better choice (you mean cheaper?), it is about there supposedly being a skills shortage in IT in the UK (which there isnt).
                    To me this HSMP thing is being latched onto by Indian companies (with offices in the uSA & London) in order to bring in cheap workers.

If meticul** whatever, were a bona fide company they would be placing these people in permanent jobs in the UK and charging a fee or offering them to agencies for a fee where they are free to negotiate their terms just as UK contractors do.

Comment

Working...
                    X